Girls Sick of the BS PLZ READ

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dasher64

12-13-2012

Well good luck with this DEER, I dislike how LoL is mostly made up of trolls and ragers and how 1 mistake in game makes you a noob and all the people just hating on the person who made a mistake instead of trying to help the person improve. Makes me miss the old season 1 where the old summoners helped each other out more :/. And Deer not every guy is going to be sexist because they are a girl. I know plenty of girls on LoL and what they do is they ignore the trollers and sexist people. In LoL you have to deal with the trollers and ragers, no gaming community is ever perfect.

OriginalJack

12-13-2012

I feel like playing badly and getting raged at for it isn't something that's exclusive to the female gaming community. Not trying to hate but I'm just wondering why we never see support groups to try to help other often maligned groups like brazilians, pre-teens or people that play with locked camera improve their play...

Dasher64

12-13-2012

Because most of the people who play a game are aiming to be in the top. They usually dont care about other players unless they are friends or they can be used for their needs. Most players are pretty ruthless and want to win but when they know they cant win they can only rage because thats all they can do. And then the trollers dont care about winning, and care about having fun messing with the ragers who want to win at all costs.

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

12-13-2012

Quote:
Obivously guys would rather play videos games then girls thats not a surprise...
That's my main issue with your post right there...

I hate people who make wild claims without even elaborating, let alone backing them up. So it's 'obvious' eh? What the hell do you even mean by that? I can't imagine seeking help from someone on an issue such as this by going to someone who makes random unbacked statements and just expects people to gloss over any potential inconsistencies.

IS134793e5f3c35e84c7d25

12-13-2012

girls not liking video games is no secret, it is widely known and accepted for those of us who have more wisdom and experiences on earth.

90 percent of people who hate video games, and claim them to be something of the devil's invention, are woman. not a hard number just wisdom and experiences added up from various avenues of info, both witnessed and experienced.

is there exceptions? yes, but this is like saying playing 5 ap mids on a team is bad. can you win sometimes in a low elo match? yes, but generally you won't.

it's the mothers ,daughters , and wives all who hate it when the men in their lives play video games. if your just a girlfriend chances are high she won't care, cause she don't have to live with the consequences of your actions, she can just walk away for a better man who doesn't play video games as much, at any time.

if you "make video games" that is another story your cool and a winner, and woman would love you. cause you can probably pay for your bills with a fun job, sucking money from all the losers who dish out money down the toilet out of "impulses over logic".

DEERxPredator

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Berman View Post
There is research being done on these questions.

http://gamasutra.com/view/news/17956...p#.UMoJe-Q83oI
Those are definetly some good QnA

DEERxPredator

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panzerfaust View Post
That's my main issue with your post right there...

I people hate wild claims without even elaborating, let alone backing them up. So it's 'obvious' eh? What the hell do you even mean by that? I can't imagine seeking help from someone on an issue such as this by going to someone who makes random unbacked statements and just expects people to gloss over any potential inconsistencies.
http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases...0702161141.htm
This is just one example that backs up my claim, but i have a question for you, are you willing to tell me that when you play lol with randoms, and lets say it was like 100 games of lol, can you tell me that even 1/3 of the people or more playing in any given match are girls?

OlBloodNGutz

12-13-2012

Can't answer for Panzer, but I for one don't start every LoL match with an "A/S/L?" in all chat. I for one can neither confirm nor deny the existence of either male or female genitalia in any of the games I've played (besides my own...one of each, one for business, one for pleasure).

With that said, those that do let slip either through their username, or just being honest to people who don't deserve the courtesy about their gender do tend to get bullied, and harassed, and hit on and I can't imagine that being a picnic so I can see this initiative being a good idea. However, making it a girls only club seems a bit too inclusive and impresses upon the newer members that all the guys in this game are sexist dicks and that you should stay away at all costs which only serves to divide them and shrink their potential pool of summoner friends in the future.

But, at the end of the day, it's DEERxPredator's group/initiative/time/work being invested in this thing for the sake of newer players, the who, whats, and whys of it really don't matter, do they?

Dasher64

12-13-2012

I mean its not like that happens a lot in LoL most of the time whenever people make a group or a clan they always have these requirements. I mean some of the groups might not have a requirement but almost always there is either an elo requirement, age requirement, location, race, gender. Some of them makes sense but what deer is doing is not much that different from any1 else starting a group on LoL. Im pretty sure there are groups trying to form like an all Brazilian group, or an all Korean team, etc. I mean League just has a lot of trollers and i feel like might as well just get to know a group of nice people and play with them instead of queuing and ending up with trolls and ragers.

Glenn Berman

12-13-2012

Most of the numbers I've seen indicate that over a third of gamers are female (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1...p#.UMo3YeQ83oI)

And there is some evidence they are a better target audience than men (http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/1...p#.UMo3uOQ83oI)

I suspect the reason you don't see more women on LOL is that they don't want to be seen. Unless they put something in their name that makes it obvious they never have to let people know they are women, and therefore can avoid the likely stereotyping and harassment that can follow.