Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sylvr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoRReCts View Post
any chance the patch will be tonight?
Doubtful. They usually only roll out content at the start or middle of regular business days. It's currently 8pm PST, so I doubt they have the full staff on the clock that they would need to secure a content release (I would imagine that they need people there in the event that something goes horribly wrong).

Seryldan Elite

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fomorian27 View Post
At first glance, this line appears holiday themed and harmless, but when you read waaaaay too much into it, you get this really twisted and convoluted explanation.

you do realize that some people are upset that Limited Edition skins have slim to no chance of ever being re-released. That's why so many 2000 upvote thread pleas have cropped up for trades

Korusho

12-12-2012

Why is this temp only?

Linken

12-12-2012

I just want to know when is the patch please !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assyrianlegend

12-12-2012

hipp, something that has been bothering me quite a bit, and not where i should post this, but ill ask my question regardless hoping to get your attention.

It seems like Ward skins are a temporary things, are they going to be available as a permanent thing? with the backlash that you guys received with the last set of temporary skins i would hope you guys would have adjusted to the feedback but it seems like its the same drill.

Can you shine light on this subject? please?

Turtle Rojas

12-12-2012

According to the rules I can't make an account named "Rojas Girlfriend" and then send it to myself to feel like I have someone special for the holidays? D: #ForeverAlone

Kyonyuu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

I dont understand what's with all these restrictions? Since you're not allow to re-gift your currently owned skin/champion, why stopping people from spending money by limiting them a number of sale per day? Especially the level restriction too, what's up with that? Do Riot make too much money now?

Stexe

Adjudicator

12-12-2012

Quote:
You’ll receive a special Snowdown icon for the following actions between now and January 6th:
  • Participating in a five-man premade match in any queue
  • Behaving well in the spirit of the Snowdown season
  • Purchasing RP as a gift for a friend
  • Purchasing a champion as a gift for a friend
  • Purchasing a skin as a gift for a friend
  • Being one of the top participants this Snowdown
Distribution of Snowdown icons will begin a few days after the upcoming patch and may take several days to hit your account after they are earned.
Ugh... didn't we go over this before? We don't want special icons that only a few people can get due to doing things that are way beyond the norm. First it was $70 for RP and now it is gifting RP, skins, Champions, and other things? Really?

Is this stuff going to be a one time thing (or nearly one time) like the Harrowing icons?

I'm all for new stuff, but the collectionist in me screams that you're just taking advantage of us... =(

EDIT: What if we already own every Champion? How can a friend gift us a Champion to get the icon? Similar question about gifting RP and skins -- what if we own a ton of RP and every skin we want? Seems like this is separating the super loyal and dedicated players from the rest. =/

Rôper

12-12-2012

So long overdue. Thanks, Riot!

KATARATAK

12-12-2012

why is this temporary? Its an amazing way for you guys to make more money. It's honestly my favorite feature on steam.