Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SnowCannon

12-12-2012

Enjoy the event *-* That's all I could say xD

Hippalus

eCommerce Director

12-12-2012
9 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno51 View Post
I understand how it could if for the first and third questions, but if the person didn't open the chest yet and someone else tried to send the same champion, would it still be listed as an owned champion?
I believe so, but there may be a few scenarios that crop up that we didn't anticipate. That's one reason we're taking it down after a couple weeks to make improvements before re-releasing the feature in 2013.

WillYouLaugh

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

look me up and add me. one day ill be famous

DragonPup

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Hippalus, any way to permanently unlock those ward skins? I'm throwing money at my monitor and it is just bouncing off.

FrankyCentaur

12-12-2012

Hip, could you please comment on if there will be any sale during the Christmas season?

Last year, during Snowdown Showdown, there was a "buy one, get one 50% all Snowdown Snowdown skins"- but this was only done for a period of time after the skins were released.

Regardless to say, I felt like I got ripped off for buying the skins early and being a loyal fan as opposed to waiting, and obviously this year I want to wait for the sales.

NasusxRenek Yaoi

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
[*]You need to purchase any skins, champions, or RP that you plan on giving away: we know that you might have some items in your inventory that you’re not using that frequently, but re-gifting is only classy when Amumu does it
I'm a bit confused by the wording of this statement. So does this mean you can't give away skins/champs that you own to your friend?

Ex. Someone owns Akali but doesn't play her anymore, is he allowed to give away that champion to his friend as a gift?

TheEnygma

12-12-2012

anyone feel like gifting me Mistletoe Leblanc? :P

Korzek

12-12-2012

This feature can be fun if you want to screw your friend(s) over if they play aram a lot

Inferno51

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Not Enough Yaoi View Post
I'm a bit confused by the wording of this statement. So does this mean you can't give away skins/champs that you own to your friend?

Ex. Someone owns Akali but doesn't play her anymore, is he allowed to give away that champion to his friend as a gift?
Yes, unfortunately that's what it means.

Thunder kitsune

12-12-2012

I just wish Silent Night Sona would come back. I had stopped playing when she was first released, and by time I realized the skin existed, it was already gone!