Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Brother Of Dux

01-14-2013

FUUUUUCK i wasted rp
gifting is over????

Nottee

01-16-2013

Please make this feature permanent.

sodamnhungry

01-21-2013

want permanent

j00gAwtPwnnd

01-31-2013

Extend this ish.. I play with someone who doesn't work and needs me to buy his ****.

Make that money and extend..

Fairax

02-01-2013

i wont to gift today but it is over can you add that feature in?

Fishzerker

02-21-2013

nooooooo right when this opens my friend spent his rp... i had 3400 rp, but not enough for pulsefire and ezreal (( aww

SDNinido

03-11-2013

So I tried to gift my friend a champ (Akali) But because we were having fun earlier and he unfriended me for a bit as a joke I can't give him the gift, this is ridiculous!

SDNinido

03-11-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyocaso View Post
You are right. But you are also wrong.

League of Legends is a game free to play. To maintain the server, Riot need money, so they sell products inside LoL. They do offers, events and other strategies to obtain money, because they need it to maintain the game, and to have some profit (because League of Legends isn't only a game, it's a bussiness for them, and all of us know that).

First of all we are not complaining about they looking for money. At least neither me or some people in previous post. What we are doing is giving our point of view, and asking.

Second, it's alright if they want to obtain money. They need it. What we are asking is some middle point between they gaining money and us, the users, having fun and enjoying some event. We are not asking them to have ALL free. But also we are asking them not to be greedy.

In example. Maybe I'm mistaked about how works all this gift-thing. I though we can't use IP for a champion as a gift, but maybe we can. But in case that we can't use IP for buying champions for our friends, I was asking them to let us do it. They can gain money with those that buy some skin for their friends. They can gain money with those that buy RP for their friends. They even gain money for the few people that spend their RP buying a champion for their friends. They lose some money if let us use IP in a champion-gift? Yes, a little, but still gain money. What all need to be money, money, money, instead of a event where they gain money, and we enjoy, all of us, not only the people that can buy.
Yes but for the amount of people who pay money it is very overpriced, they could easily make money selling champs for $5 each instead of $10 if not skins!

hellArchValkyrie

03-14-2013

what if your gifting something you already own will the price be cheaper????? Just wondering

Monstermind JJC

03-23-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
[aws3]news/December_2012/2012_12_12_Gifting_Announcement/Gifting Article Banner.jpg[/aws3]

‘Tis the season for giving, so this Snowdown we wanted to offer you all the opportunity to spread some holiday cheer. In the coming patch you’ll be able to buy champions, skins, and RP as gifts for the significant summoners in your life. The gifting center will only be open for a limited time, so be sure to plan your holiday shopping accordingly.

Here’s how to give to a friend:
  • Click on the Gifting Center in the store
  • Choose the type of gift you’d like to purchase; you can give champions and skins with your RP, or buy RP to give to a friend
  • Choose a friend
  • Fill in your payment information if you’re gifting RP, or select the skin or champion you’d like to purchase for your friend; you’ll be notified if your friend is ineligible to receive the gift
  • Add a touch of holiday cheer by filling in a personal message

Your friend will receive his present along with your Snowdown sentiments the next time he logs in.

This is the first time that we’ve offered gifting, so we’ve got a few rules in place to protect your account from any funny business or uncouth shenanigans. Here’s an overview:
  • You need to purchase any skins, champions, or RP that you plan on giving away: we know that you might have some items in your inventory that you’re not using that frequently, but re-gifting is only classy when Amumu does it
  • You can only give to summoners you’ve had on your friends list since early December: we apologize if you’re smitten with a new acquaintance, but for your own protection there’s no adding someone and then immediately showering them in gifts
  • You must be at least level 20 to send a gift and level 10 to receive one: gifting is available for two weeks, so if you want to be a precocious gift-giver, level fast
  • There are other restrictions on who can send gifts (no banned accounts) and how many gifts you can send or receive per day (generally 3/day): plan your gift-giving needs accordingly

Now that the fine print is out of the way, let’s get back to what’s really important: the spirit of giving. When the next patch lands, throw on your Santa hat and head over to the store to start your holiday shopping.

EDIT: Gifting has been extended to Jan. 6!
I send gifts to another account, the account is under lvl10 when I send gifts, but now is lvl10, but the gifts are still not received, what should I do?