Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

callas200

12-26-2012

can someone send me draven skin :P

callas200

12-26-2012

can someone send me draven skin :P

Gencotsu

12-26-2012

Sorry riot but the whole "You can only give to summoners youÂ’ve had on your friends list since early December" is unfavorable and inaccurate. Just because you've added some one recently on the video game does not mean that they are an acquaintance, I recently added one of my closest friends and would have loved to gift him but sadly I cant because of the restriction. People should be allowed to gift who they want when they want I mean its Christmas Riot come on. The only thing that restriction succeeded in doing was losing the money that I would have given to you. Thanks for reading.

Blue PandAlpha

12-26-2012

I got into a fight and unfriend him but then make back up and want to give him a gift but i can't, we've been friends since september, is there a way to fix this please? He is one of my best friends

ACGIFT

12-26-2012

Here's crossing my fingers that the gifting system doesn't get removed...

I have the impression that Riot was simply trying to be VERY cautious with all the restrictions, since this system, MORE than about any other change in the game, leaves a vulnerability for abuse. Previously, account-hackers would be very limited to what they could do: just buy skins/champs/etc. with what little IP/RP was already there. It's not like that they could BENEFIT from it... However now, there's an option that an account hacker could use this to acquire anything LoL-related they wanted from a victim account.

For instance, this is what I surmised why the store no longer appears to remember my credit card information for buying RP; that way no potential hacker could simply gain that information and steal it from there to buy up tons of RP for themselves.

Still, I'm hoping that in a few days, Riot will come forth with an all-too-stereotypical phrasing of "the gifting system was a huge success," and concludes that it's been safe enough to keep on.

In all honesty, I don't mind the restrictions: they're good. Riot needs to make sure to minimize the number of malicious uses of the system. What's left will be to tweak those restrictions, to strike a good balance there.

I know like most here, *I* would love to have that system in place; even if not for buying others IP, (as a semi-cumbersome means through buying cards and giving codes has existed before) I'd love to gift others champions and especially skins.

Ironstryde

12-27-2012

Dear Riot,

This may have been mentioned previously. A great idea for future Snowdowns would be a Wishlist. This would be a fantastic way to help narrow down our xmas shopping. I'm sure it would result in increased sales for you as well. I'm not sure what the overhead would be, but adding a section to our profiles where we can rank our top 10 favorite champs as well as top 10 champs/skins we'd like to own. This would let us share our opinions on who is the "coolest" champ as well as give a shopping list to our fellow summoners. This info could also be available from the gifting tab in the store when you click a friend's name. Just an idea... Happy Holidays!

HWUZHERE

12-27-2012

My friend gifted me a skin, but it seems I did not receive it can someone please help?

Renellius

12-27-2012

Quote:
Et?rnal Demon:
This system is weak, even if the idea is great. This system is money making. You cannot gift your current RPs or IPs nor champions or skins. All you do is buy the other guy the champion or skin he wanted, or eventually buy him RP. All that system does is letting you do it from your account instead of his.

I don't think you understand the fact that it's about giving the **** away and not actually getting anything for yourself -.-

All about KS

12-27-2012

Hi, does anyone know when will this gifting center be expired?

Reckonssoul

Recruiter

12-27-2012

This sucks