Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CanKneez

12-15-2012

What I do not get is why do we have to be level 20 to gift?! I mean seriously, I want to give a friend 3 skins as a Christmas present but I am 4 levels behind.. Either way, if Riot gets the money, I do not see why they have to put a restriction on level. Especially when my friend plays lol a lot. =/ I mean, I could just get him a RP card but man, where is the surprise in that? I know what champions he plays and all. Anyway, I digress.

I just do not see the logic behind it. =/ I mean, if someone wants to give his/her friend a gift on LOL, it shouldn't matter what level they are.

Blue Creme Soda

12-15-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CanKneez View Post
What I do not get is why do we have to be level 20 to gift?! I mean seriously, I want to give a friend 3 skins as a Christmas present but I am 4 levels behind.. Either way, if Riot gets the money, I do not see why they have to put a restriction on level. Especially when my friend plays lol a lot. =/ I mean, I could just get him a RP card but man, where is the surprise in that? I know what champions he plays and all. Anyway, I digress.

I just do not see the logic behind it. =/ I mean, if someone wants to give his/her friend a gift on LOL, it shouldn't matter what level they are.
This is what I was thinking... they are still getting the money either way, why the hell limit it? I mean...honestly. It seems ridiculous. You're better off just giving them RP cards right now... same end effect but you don't get an icon

Eximai

12-15-2012

If I send a skin to my friend does he get the Champion too? I would like to give him Dynasty Ahri because he always goes on about it even though he doesnt even have her. Just wondering if it's like the Riot Youtube/Facebook thing with Alistar and Tristana.

NightmareHell

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-16-2012

This event will last till which day?
Btw, sry my bad english, it's not my main language

cowgoesmoo

12-16-2012

I really hate that you can only purchase gifts with RP. I have over 9000 ip that i was saving up to buy a champ for myself, but since i couldn't decide, i thought i'd gift a champ to my best friend, who introduced me to league.But now i can't just because i can't afford ACTUAL rp and apparently my 9000 ip isn't good enough? Riot.....come on

Lammah

12-16-2012

The level limit makes me so sad... I am new and only level 13, I started 3 weeks ago and cant play a lot , but I really like the game.

I want to gift some skins to the friend that introduced me to the game and was very sadly disappointed.

I guess Riot Games does not want my money. And I think they will not get my money anymore... they really have terrible business practices...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Creme Soda View Post
I'm sure this has been said before and I won't be the last. But it's pretty weak that you have to be level 20 to send a gift. I understand sort of limiting the receiving... but sending? Why bother with it at all? Apparently the fact that x person is spending y money doesn't warrant limitation unless it's actually legitimately gifting a skin or champ.
it seems they don't want that extra money ... profits are overrated xD
As long as people are actually spending real money, limits should be removed... that's just common sense. Other "free to play" games such as TF2 got that right.

Brabeum

12-16-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lammah View Post
The level limit makes me so sad... I am new and only level 13, I started 3 weeks ago and cant play a lot , but I really like the game.

I want to gift some skins to the friend that introduced me to the game and was very sadly disappointed.

I guess Riot Games does not want my money. And I think they will not get my money anymore... they really have terrible business practices...

it seems they don't want that extra money ... profits are overrated xD
As long as people are actually spending real money, limits should be removed... that's just common sense. Other "free to play" games such as TF2 got that right.
I'm in the same situation, tho I am only 10. I was going to buy the friend that just got me into this game some RP as a xmas/thank you gift, but I can't even buy RP for someone else until I hit 20.

Because I won't hit 20 til long after the gifting thing ends they lost that sale. Because I am annoyed by this exclusion of new players, I won't be buying any RP for myself like I was thinking about doing either. In fact, I will be looking around for a more newbie friendly game, perhaps one that actually does want my money

kryptoniyte

12-16-2012

riot this showdown is a joke i want free rp

THAT1GUYIDK

Recruiter

12-16-2012

Well my friend I've had on my list for about 2 months wanted to friend me a gift today, but he can't because I pressed the little ignore button in-game on the scoreboard (didn't know what it did) and had to friend him again, and now he can't send me a gift because he hasn't been friends with me long enough.

Yeah we were gonna gift each other, and this kinda messes it up. So, is there a fix or how long do i have to wait?

Qruen

12-16-2012

omg ! i have the same prblem, my account was hacked once, and ignored all my friends on the list, but i had already add my friends back since september. and now i just purchased RP to gift my boyfriend a SKIN, and it tells me im not friends long enough. this is ridiculouse ! anyway i can solve this peoblem?