Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MaterAiR

12-15-2012

So, summoners will have RP like every year right? And just one more thing, The christmas skins are jus temporary, but, WHY!? Thoose skins should be 4ever!

Agam

Recruiter

12-15-2012

Is the gift limit of 3 per day rest after 24 hours or once its 2 AM PST? Because 24 hours is really lame.

IS1499b7451e02f41f2e03d

12-15-2012

Well. Way to lose out on money.

I can't gift my level 7 occasionally playing friend the Kayle skin he craves.
I can't get a gift from my level 10 occasionally playing other friend who knows how much I'm into LoL.

The "must be friends since start of December" limitation would have already been enough to prevent hackers from gifting to their main accounts.

Another disastrous marketing decision that costs you a lot of potential profit.

Squall L3onhart

12-15-2012

Quote:
Jeeezy:
Not sure if this question was asked yet. So sorry for the repeat but i was wondering if there is a set time into which the the maximum of gifting is reset? Does it start from the time that you send your first gift/send your 3rd gift. or does it rest like say for example every day at like 6am? To be able to send another 3/3 gifts

I guess its from when you send your first or last gift? beacuse its 12pm PST and im still not able to gift anyone skins or champions. I think a designated time would be better =/ just sayin...

Genus

Recruiter

12-15-2012

I was wondering if i get gift skin from my friends but I don't had champion yet and will i able to keep that skin or I had to buy the champion first.

cacaCat

12-15-2012

So im trying to gift a skin for a friend, the new veiger skin, and I know for a fact that he owns the champ and does NOT have the skin but everytime i try to gift it this appears.I attached the picture. But yea i really wanted to get this for him but I have no idea how D:

Eilynne

12-15-2012

As good of intentions as you have, the 'since early December' rule is ridiculous.

Yes, there should be a limit, but why not make it a few days, rather than completely unavailable? I hadn't added my other brother's account until just recently because I wanted to send him a gift (I had already sent one to the other brother on my friend's list) just to find that I can't because of this rule.

I'm quite disappointed. I really think you could have thought of a better way to appease more people. Many other games have implemented a constant gifting system, with no such rule, so I'm at a loss as why a company as huge as this can't do it.

Ravernation

12-15-2012

Just wondering why this happens, when I go to send a skin as a gift it does not tell me if my friend already owns the skin. In one instance i tried gifting a skin I knew a friend already had, I did not go all the way through with the transaction but it should not have even been an available skin to gift. Will there be patch for this soon?

MasterNorto

12-15-2012

When does this feature end?
I think you's should keep it as it is a great feature and good when you hve lots of spare RP

Ellenoria

12-15-2012

so my friend and i were trying this. and it didnt hide the champions that i had already purchased. will it still send if they have the champion? or will it give you a notification?
we didnt want to finalize it because we didnt want to accidentally waste rp.