Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Hyocaso

12-13-2012

So we can only gift things with our RP? Come on. That's just... too cruel, for not say another thing.

I know, Riot, that you need to gain some profit with your offers and promotions, and also know that if you let the users to gift champions with their IP you will not gain that money. But come on, you still gain money when the user gift a skin, or pure RP. Why not let us use our IP at least with the champion-gift?

This event only benefit, or only include, to the ones that buy RP without a problem, the ones that can have that luxury. So this event don't include the whole community of LoL, a community of a Free To Play game. One thing are the offers in RP, that obviously will not include the ones that don't expend a lot of RP. But this is not an offer, is a event, no? And it's a little cruel if your event only include a few and no all. No every person can buy RP whenever they want, or the quantity they want.

I doubt someone of League of Legends staff read this, or consider the option, but at least I'm trying to ask it. Join to the christmas spirit, to the "holiday cheer", and give us that opportunity: gift pure RP, skins with RP, even champions with RP, but champions with IP too. You will still gain, because I'm sure many people will gift skins or pure RP for future offers, and maybe some people gift champion with RP because it is faster, but that way the ones that can't spend RP without a problem (like me, yeah) can be included in the event and gift things to people significant to us.

And, by the way. I think this even can help to the new users. If any user of League of Legend can gift champions purchased with IP, then the older ones can gift a few champions to the newest, and they will be more excited in playing the game because now they have "their pro champion".

That's all. Good idea, Riot, really, good idea. But I think it can be better, at least for us, the users, the League of Legends community.

AgitatedOne

12-13-2012

Quote:
oOSCUDOo:
we want REALL FREE stuff in this holliday no more pay for it s**t.

Ward skins and other possible holiday stuff might be in effect, but what this thread is about is GIVING to others (and Riot getting money from it, but hey they are a business... this is just as bad as a jewelry store saying "This gem symbolizes love and integrity, your sweetheart will love it", it may be true and it may be the most thoughtful and best gift ever given, but the store does get money even if they only meant well for people).

Bring up issues about Free stuff during the holidays in other threads, we are getting free ward skins during the holidays (not sure how it will work in terms of permanent or not or if it's like candy corn pots where it's only available during the holidays), and if you are a good summoner you will get at least one icon.

LiegeWaffles

12-13-2012

Quote:
Arrayan Slayer:
where can i find the gift giving center exactly in the store ? how will i send a skin that i will buy with RP to my friend? how does this work i am confused

Go to youtube and search for:
league of legends gift center
and you get a bunch of videos about the Public Beta Environment version of the gifting center.
(the live version will of course have some more restrictions than the PBE version; fewer gifts per day etc.)

LipsOfMadAngel

12-13-2012

i was so excited to see this feature, and i told all my friends that im gonna give them my champs and skin that i don't want anymore, until i saw the restrictions..... oh well, with all these restrictions please allow us to at least give the skins or champion that we don't want anymore. i don't think any one can take advantage of this feature as i said with all these restrictions

Leopleuradon

12-13-2012

I really don't see the need for you to be lvl 20 in order to send gifts. I have friends who play the game but just don't play often enough to be lvl 20 yet. What if someone wanted to make an account (Say a parent) in order to send a gift to a friend (or their kids).

Otherwise, I really like it. I've been wishing this could happen for a while now. I know it's only temporary (for now) but it's a really cool feature.

Skwid1g

12-13-2012

Quote:
Hippalus:
No that was just a holiday themed joke that one of our trusty Wrioters came up with. I have nothing buy sympathy for those who want to gift, trade or acquire limited edition skins.

But you don't want to implement the feature that would fix that problem.

Doesn't make much sense, to be honest.

BuddyBoombox

12-13-2012

I'd be willing to pay extra RP to be able to gift my legacy or limited skins, why is this not a feature?

LipsOfMadAngel

12-13-2012

why not pay a small amount of rp to be able to regift the skins we dont want aymore.

DocFrosty

12-13-2012

Dear Riot,

Why do you always assume all of your players are male...

"Your friend will receive his present along with your Snowdown sentiments the next time he logs in."

Sincerely, yes their are women on the internet too.

Knarloc Chan

12-13-2012

Wait, this is only limited time? Why not make it a permanent addition...