Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mxie

12-13-2012

Hey Hippalus, while I see that you're not really in this thread anymore, I've got one question that hopefully you (or someone else) can answer:
Will it be possible to gift champion bundles? The other day my friend basically professed his undying love for Vi, so I figured I would get him the bundle, but I'm not sure if I'll be able to.

WhoIsBlue

12-13-2012

So if you were ever banned you cant send a gift?

Kooterbrown

12-13-2012

I like this idea really wish it was permanent though. Have lots of family and friends who play and this could be an easy gift idea on other occasions.

CptCupCakez

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Pleaseeee allow gifts of champs bought with IP!!!

CardianChevalier

12-13-2012

"Your friend will see your gift the next time he logs on."

Last I checked my girlfriend was, in fact, a "she" and I'm also fairly certain there are other girls who play too. I'd hope my girlfriend isn't the only girl in the League community.

Sinholder BG

12-13-2012

"And as a christmas gift we give u option to spend more your money on us..."
Srsly Riot, ppl will be way more happier if u would give them REALLY FREE stuff on hollidays, not this...
Sadly must admit that u are falling in greed pit and loosing any interest in making ppl really happy. Will not be amased if i will see some donation runes in future avaible only for donators...

Gosu Macka

12-13-2012

My friends and I frequently delete eachother for "lols"

My friend said he's buying us all champs/skins for xmas.

This means we're ****ed then, right?

;__;

Crunchez

12-13-2012

I know we CANT do this but... Riot cmon it christmas let us give atleast a LIMIT OF 3 or something of our OWN champion or skins to peoples (atleast what we bought in rp maybe?) Im sure alot of peoples own stuff they know someone would enjoy way more than themselve... I dont think it cheap to give it back to someone...

I know it a way to make us buy more rp but please... Alot of us will still buy 1 new christmas skin for ourself and will STILL buy rp after christmas.. stop thinking about the money and let us give freely in LoL... there is already too much greedy commercials everywere that tell us ''hey it christmas!.. you dont want to feel cheap?! well come buy wonderful gifts for your loved ones''

Still a great idea

AgitatedOne

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-13-2012

Question Hippalus: why do we have to buy RP to gift it?

I understand why stuff like older skins and other things can't be traded for various reasons, but because it seems like you can only buy champs with RP (confused about that, and duh on Skins with RP only), why does one have to purchase RP to give it to someone else?

I have a few accounts lying around that have bits of RP from previous Riot gifts of 450, and one of those doesn't have enough to buy a skin/champ with RP, why can't I give that amount to my main account while my other account can buy assassin Yi/white mage Veigar and benefit?

Basically: gifting RP, why do we have to buy it instead of giving excess RP already owned?

*Edit: while it is greedy on my end, this is still relevant for others who also have excess RP, from 1000s to 100s, people do have RP lying around that their friends may want to push them into being able to buy whatever. Some people may be on hard times cash wise, if they spent the money on better times then why can't they give it now?

oOSCUDOo

12-13-2012

we want REALL FREE stuff in this holliday no more pay for it s**t.