Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SillentHunterZ

12-12-2012

Are we going to get snowy map again?

GoAheadCornelius

12-12-2012

And now the women of LoL are gearing up for who can get the most gifts first annual competition. Ladies gonna be lookin hot on the livestreams hair did and errythang. Oh yes, there will be cleavage and sideboob boys and girls.

indestructibIe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claudialicious View Post
What happens if my friend bought me a skin/champion which I already owned?
What happens if 2 of my friends bought me the same skin/champion?
What happens if my friend bought me a skin but I don't own that champion?

It says the gift will be cancelled those circumstances.

Nameless Child

12-12-2012

YES. I've wanted mistletoe Leblanc for a long time, her other skins bother me lol. Fiddlesticks looks cool but he's got so many skins already, other champs need some love too. Hell, I couldn't imagine a job more fun than making skins for characters... though if it were me I'd aim for at least 3 new christmas skins per character role. 4 total seems like such a small amount in a game with over 100 different champions. Besides, people always complain when it isn't their favorite champion getting a new skin.

Taskun

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Why is there no gifting of current items to people? That's just a waste of our time and this setup is prohibiting the ONE thing we actually really wanted. You guys just want people to spend more money in the shop. Make trading of current items cost RP and you would get what you want instead of spitting in our faces.

EDIT: Gossamer.. Katarina has so many skins. Teemo has so many skins. There are champs that get upwards of 4 extra skins before some others even get one. And this whole 1 skin per champ for the new releases is a waste. They're going by marketable value. If it won't make money and sell than there's no real reason to spend time on a skin.

I love the new skins. All four of them. But that doesn't mean I don't think it's slightly biased.

Old King Crow

12-12-2012

Sweet, can't wait to hand out some unexpected RP to some friends.

I want to get Darkflame Shyvana, so maybe I'll rope someone into getting me it so they get an icon instead of me just buying it.

2FLASHY

12-13-2012

This sucks .. I've only started playing since the day after xmas 2011 and ive made some awesome friends that just dont have enough money to get RP or champs and skins. I would love to gift them so bad but my account is too young and all my friends i want to gift ive been playing with for about 8-10months. Im a giving guy and a gift would be alot better then just slapping RP into there account. BOO

Stiler

Senior Recruiter

12-13-2012

Wish you could use IP to gift heroes and things you can buy with IP.

Got almost 50k IP just sitting there being wasted since I have no use for it, would be nice to be able to use it on champions (I already own all champions so I have no use for it cept for new champions that come out) and give them to friends.

jawnneh

Recruiter

12-13-2012

"but re-gifting is only classy when Amumu does it"

(its not really REgifting if im simply giving someone something i havent even used once... and probably never will)

im sorry riot, but did you just use a cute comment to cover up the fact that you are still not letting us give our friend that skin they would really love. I'll be honest, i picked up zombie brand just because it was a legendary and also a limited edition skin. I played probably less than 20 games with brand in season 2, and havent used him in a year. I would give my brand skin to my friend without hesitation, brand is his main. I think you should give "gift credits" that allow you to transfer a limited amount of skins from account to another (similar to your 3 refund credits which i thought was a brilliant idea)

ZeBattleMedic

12-13-2012

Sortof makes me laugh. I have seen many forums of League Members fighting for the Female gender...
But on this post, it Says "he" a few times... referring to No women playing league.. Aside the slight screwup. Good job Riot.