Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XxGr33nxX

12-12-2012

Hi, will the game prevent me from gifting something my friend already has?

LipsOfMadAngel

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Et?rnal Demon

This system is weak, even if the idea is great. This system is money making. You cannot gift your current RPs or IPs nor champions or skins. All you do is buy the other guy the champion or skin he wanted, or eventually buy him RP. All that system does it let you do it from your account instead of his.

Good job though.

Ill probably get downvoted for this, but what I am saying is totally what it is.

The advantage with this though is that you can give gifts to people that are far away from you.
. Or u can just buy rp from a store and text them the code. There really nothing special about this feature except getting icons. btw do we get the winter map , I really like it makes my plays better because of its cool effects

lnfamřus

12-12-2012

Will this update be taken place within the next few days?

LĂ©nekton Bot

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et?rnal Demon View Post
This system is weak, even if the idea is great. This system is money making. You cannot gift your current RPs or IPs nor champions or skins. All you do is buy the other guy the champion or skin he wanted, or eventually buy him RP. All that system does it let you do it from your account instead of his.

Good job though.

Ill probably get downvoted for this, but what I am saying is totally what it is.
This reaction is understandable but I think Riot wants to prevent the scamming that would happen if one could gift everything they have on the account.

ARainySundae

12-12-2012

wish i had a good friend that sends me gift i am dirt poor

kelwa

12-12-2012

hi well same one send gift for kelwa

Psykeres

12-12-2012

No. No, no. I have a hard time believing you guys didn't know how to do this right: gifting as a permanent feature, usable to trade pre-owned skins and champions as well as content purchased as a gift. That's an option that helps people to get something out of their rarely-used champions or skins (three refund credits are nice, but don't do much for people who bought stuff they don't like anymore before the system was created or who have made more than three mistakes) and permits for the flow of limited edition content between users (something Hippalus has repeatedly said the e-Commerce group wants to make possible - in fact, before this incarnation came around gifting was specifically pointed to as a fix for the omnipresent 2000 upvote threads). The other option (the one detailed in this announcement is nothing but an 'opportunity' to spend more money in the RP store, on the same stuff as always.

I feel very much let down. This would have been so easy to get right.

Mnky D Luffy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

can people gift kitty cat kat?

Vulking

12-12-2012

What happen if I gift something to a friend but he don't like it or is not interested? can he refund it?

Chromaggus

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
Yes, any champion or skin in the store can be gifted at its current price. The feature doesn't yet work with bundles or other types of content - look for that in future upgrades.
Hipp please address this thread

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...0#post32372430