Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

yechu

12-12-2012

So can limited skins be gifted with this or only skins from store?

DR4G0NW0LF

12-12-2012

My gf just started playing... and is only level 5. Restrictions are too strict...

TOCO1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et?rnal Demon View Post
This system is weak, even if the idea is great. This system is money making. You cannot gift your current RPs or IPs nor champions or skins. All you do is buy the other guy the champion or skin he wanted, or eventually buy him RP. All that system does it let you do it from your account instead of his.

Good job though.

Ill probably get downvoted for this, but what I am saying is totally what it is.
The advantage with this though is that you can give gifts to people that are far away from you.

BananaSniper

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoppaMan View Post
I can send skins to my non-existand girlfriend ;(
I'll be your "non-existent" girlfriend, but I don't even want a skin I just want Heimerdinger champion =)

dat hacker noob

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Et?rnal Demon View Post
This system is weak, even if the idea is great. This system is money making. You cannot gift your current RPs or IPs nor champions or skins. All you do is buy the other guy the champion or skin he wanted, or eventually buy him RP. All that system does it let you do it from your account instead of his.

Good job though.

Ill probably get downvoted for this, but what I am saying is totally what it is.
Though what you say is partially true, if you were able to send gifts from your current IP/RP's, people with high amounts of RP would be really vulnerable to get hacked. So I think it's fair and safe the way it is now.

rayfaymofo

12-12-2012

so if we gift champions or skins do we lose it?

Nether

12-12-2012

Can we have the system send the gift on a particular day? I was planning on organizing a secret santa with a few friends, and it would be cool if we could buy the gifts beforehand and have everyone receive them on Christmas day.

Best Mid Korea

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

The idea is great but i think ts kind of restrictive. It would be slightly better if we could gift IP as well as champs and skins and such that we had purchased previously to them. such as if i bought a champ and the skins for it when it came out(such as a champ with a legacy skin no longer available like the WW skin) but my friend really wants it i should be able to give it to them instead of buying it again or not being able to if said thing is no longer available. it kind of defeats the purpose doing that when you can just send them RP to buy stuff instead. also im hoping that you can buy champs with IP and send them as gifts because if not then it only further strengthens my first point that it would just be better to buy RP and give them the option of what to spend it on instead.no point spending money to buy them a champ and skins when they get more out of just getting RP as a gift. although thats probably what riot intended all along. i can see how it would be really bad if someone hacked you're account and sent all you're champs and skins to themselves or other accounts to send to themselves but that might be able to get fixed if you had a secondary pas different from you're first on youre account just for the store. and as far as sending current rp/ip i understand the danger but...if you have you're card info on yo're account and get hacked they'll just buy some and send it to themselves and it would be the same thing as if you had it to begin with and they sent it from you're current amount. there are lots of pros and cons and ways this is good and bad but ill let others decide on how they think it will work this is just my opinion.

Toshironikko

12-12-2012

im hoping this becomes a permanent thing in the future - what with all the skins im gonna be buying for myself im not gonna have enough money to gift anything in the time frame =( also gifting already owned skins would be a great add-on.

i can see the worry with "hackers" that have tens of thousands of rp just gifting away 3/day stuff which im guessing is one of the reasons why there is a limit, but i dont think that should really affect your income - if it seems like it does become a problem might just have to change the limit to one per day or 3 per week or something like that

the other type of "hackers" gifting away your stuff would be bad too the only way to stop that would be extra security of some sort

Orthan

12-12-2012

Right on! let the snow down begin!