Purchase Gifts for your Friends this Snowdown

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Odegrar

12-12-2012

Apparently some ppl are mad cuz they can't gift themselves between their main and smurf accounts. But of course, "Riot are the greedy ones. They make this for the money" (hint = every company's objective is to make money. At least riot is giving a good product for it)

Stexe

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Adjudicator

12-12-2012

Quote:
You’ll receive a special Snowdown icon for the following actions between now and January 6th:
  • Participating in a five-man premade match in any queue
  • Behaving well in the spirit of the Snowdown season
  • Purchasing RP as a gift for a friend
  • Purchasing a champion as a gift for a friend
  • Purchasing a skin as a gift for a friend
  • Being one of the top participants this Snowdown
Distribution of Snowdown icons will begin a few days after the upcoming patch and may take several days to hit your account after they are earned.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stexe View Post
Ugh... didn't we go over this before? We don't want special icons that only a few people can get due to doing things that are way beyond the norm. First it was $70 for RP and now it is gifting RP, skins, Champions, and other things? Really?

Is this stuff going to be a one time thing (or nearly one time) like the Harrowing icons?

I'm all for new stuff, but the collectionist in me screams that you're just taking advantage of us... =(

EDIT: What if we already own every Champion? How can a friend gift us a Champion to get the icon? Similar question about gifting RP and skins -- what if we own a ton of RP and every skin we want? Seems like this is separating the super loyal and dedicated players from the rest. =/
Any comment Hippalus? =)

Noble1213

12-12-2012

can you only gift champions using RP or can u gift using IP?

A U L

12-12-2012

This is a fantastic idea, thank you. I've been going on my friend's accounts and putting my credit card info for too long just to gift them and it's always awkward cause they always squirm and say not to.

But why is it a limited thing again? What is up with RIOT always limiting things? Is this not a good idea to permanently include? I may want to gift on a birthday after all

Arasmas1

12-12-2012

I know there are a lot of quesitons here but I was wondering if there is also going to be a winter map?
Will this be included?

Ipse Ancora

12-12-2012

this is awesome, its cool that they found a way to do this while preventing people from selling RP for wins

CaptainMĂ„rvelous

12-12-2012

How early is "Early december"?

M3TASH33P

12-12-2012

Wait, i just bought my RP like 4 hours ago... does it count for the icons?

Next time im waiting for the promotion to pop up lol

Supultura

12-12-2012

with gifting RP can i use the RP cards to gift it or does it have to be through paypal/creditcard/phone

Shiroicho

Recruiter

12-12-2012

Just asking: when you gift it, does it send immediately or can you set a date for it? I REALLY want to buy wildfire zyra for someone, buts she's on sale right now, so that kinda defeats the purpose. Anything to say?