Woe to the bruiser

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

OneDeadPixel

12-12-2012

I feel riot has shat on the day of many champions due to the change or removal of a few important items for many tanky top laners, reducing their overall effectiveness during all stages of the game just so the AP carry can do a little more damage during the late game against them.

I havent played too much since the release of season 3, so this is all based on how i think the new changes will effect the meta. Only time will tell if this is how it will play out in the current season, and if so to what extent.

LogicalTautology

12-12-2012

Wait a second. You're claiming that in the current version of the game (S3 release patch), that bruisers are...underpowered? You're joking, right?

Welcome to the League of Cleavers, kid. We hope you enjoy your stay.

Voyles

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneDeadPixel View Post
I havent played too much since the release of season 3...
We can tell. Otherwise, you would know that Jax, Garen, Yi, and Darius are still kicking butt.

You also proved another point. So, now AP is just good for late game while before they weren't good for any part of the game?

OneDeadPixel

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by LogicalTautology View Post
Wait a second. You're claiming that in the current version of the game (S3 release patch), that bruisers are...underpowered? You're joking, right?

Welcome to the League of Cleavers, kid. We hope you enjoy your stay.
I'm talking about tanky bruisers like mundo, or voli, and i never said underpowered, just not as well off.

@MileHighJew
It was really only tanky bruisers/full tanks that were effected Champs like jax who rely mostly on being punchy need not worry. I also never said AP carries were useless, Mid game is all about the AP carry, but by late they taper off quite a bit due to 5000 HEALTH 200 MR HUEHUEHUEHUE. Thanks to the removal of FoN, and the subsequent void the devs never bothered to fill (or at least it takes 3 items to do the jab less adequately) makes tanks and off-tanks easier to burst giving the AP carry more impact into lategame.

Voyles

12-12-2012

OK. So you saying Rengar, Volibear, Blitzcrank, etc. aren't relevant late game anymore? I'm usually ranged carry with Kog'Maw and Graves and I knew that Blitzcrank was easier to take out early but he seemed to be fine in later stages of the game. I still see Rengars tearing up the field against everybody.

Sorry, I like specifics so I can know what point to argue/discuss. Still, you said you haven't played much since the release. To be honest, I didn't play that much in S2. I can't even play Rank with this account. But, I still didn't notice that much difference with Tanks.

Grollm

12-12-2012

Quote:
I'm talking about tanky bruisers like mundo, or voli, and i never said underpowered, just not as well off.

@MileHighJew
It was really only tanky bruisers/full tanks that were effected Champs like jax who rely mostly on being punchy need not worry. I also never said AP carries were useless, Mid game is all about the AP carry, but by late they taper off quite a bit due to 5000 HEALTH 200 MR HUEHUEHUEHUE. Thanks to the removal of FoN, and the subsequent void the devs never bothered to fill (or at least it takes 3 items to do the jab less adequately) makes tanks and off-tanks easier to burst giving the AP carry more impact into lategame.
Only Mundo's w scales AT ALL and it scales off AP and it's only a 20% scaling. Another thing you're wrong about sir. Mundo is just as strong naked, damage wise, then he is with items. Also, if you're saying AP carries couldn't burst down tanks (I'm not sure why you would be focusing the tank) you obviously never saw a good Veigar, Ryze, or Annie.

OneDeadPixel

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighJew View Post
OK. So you saying Rengar, Volibear, Blitzcrank, etc. aren't relevant late game anymore? I'm usually ranged carry with Kog'Maw and Graves and I knew that Blitzcrank was easier to take out early but he seemed to be fine in later stages of the game. I still see Rengars tearing up the field against everybody.

Sorry, I like specifics so I can know what point to argue/discuss. Still, you said you haven't played much since the release. To be honest, I didn't play that much in S2. I can't even play Rank with this account. But, I still didn't notice that much difference with Tanks.
Most tanks simply become a brick wall/source of CC by late game as most lack high dps.

@Grollm

Mundo scales health/health regen. Because of this his 3 best items are Spirit visage, Warmugs, and FoN. One was buffed somewhat, one was nerfed, and the other was removed from the game completely. As for bursting him 6000 HEALTH HUEHUEHUE

adc

12-12-2012

Quote:
Most tanks simply become a brick wall/source of CC by late game as most lack high dps.

@Grollm

Mundo scales health/health regen. Because of this his 3 best items are Spirit visage, Warmugs, and FoN. One was buffed somewhat, one was nerfed, and the other was removed from the game completely. As for bursting him 6000 HEALTH HUEHUEHUE
6000 health doesn't matter. My name is Kha'zix, I have 4 black cleavers, a Last Whisper, and mercs. I ignore 50% + 60 of your armor from items alone, do 500~ + 12% of your missing health per 3 second CD Q, and can chase you quite easily.

Grollm

12-12-2012

Quote:

@Grollm

I know I play Mundo, he is still very viable. I have a 71% win rate with Mundo in ranked and a kda of 5.5/3.5/12. Call me crazy but I don't really think Mundo was hit too hard by this patch. And as far as him having 6000 health that wasn't the problem, it was the passive on FoN, with Mogs, and Spirit Visage. Passively I was regenerating around 150 hp a tick and if I popped my ult is around 1000 hp a tick,

OneDeadPixel

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grollm View Post
I know I play Mundo, he is still very viable. I have a 71% win rate with Mundo in ranked and a kda of 5.5/3.5/12. Call me crazy but I don't really think Mundo was hit too hard by this patch. And as far as him having 6000 health that wasn't the problem, it the passive on FoN, with Mogs, and Spirit Visage. Passively I was regenerating around 150 hp a tick and if I popped my ult is around 1000 hp a tick,
I never said he or any other tanky/off-tank wasnt viable, just less good. Mundo is currently one the best jungler IMO by the way, although i would shy away from top more often due to the lack of mogs/FoN