Need Help with Fiora!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

cocacolawithice

12-12-2012

I just started playing Fiora. Love her so much, she's very fun. Nonetheless I have a very hard time with her. She has awesome damage, but I feel that she's way too squishy to be viable in top, I mean, compare her to champions like Darius, Jax or Garen, who can be really tanky while still dealing massive damage. Easy to get harassed in lane too, the only way to strike back is to Q but it's usually suicidal. Her ulti is soooo awesome, but with high CD and mediocre damage, that doesn't help the fact that she's squishy. No escape. She's like an AD carry but a melee one, which puts her in a great disadvantage.

I usually rush Ravenous Hydra and BT, then get some tanky items. Any thoughts and tips? Thanks in advance.

The SkyBorne

12-12-2012

Get a Gank. Play Passively. Go Jungle.

She's good at chasing, good dps if team peels for her, unstoppable when fed. But alone she gets crushed, kited, stomped to oblivion. She is very dependent on her auto, and any disrupters hurt her hugely.

Armor is also a hard counter. Her ult can either be used as a finisher in a duel or team fights. It provides some breathing room for your CDs to cool down while it is being cast. You are not like conventional bruisers. You cannot lead the charge. You generally rush into the fight second or third, or else you will get focused and crushed.

If you lane against someone like darius, and you see him zoning you. Wait until he uses his Q to farm since thats what most dariuses max first. Then you have a brief interval to go in and do some damage. You can heal back the harass done with your passive. Don't get me wrong. You will NEED a gank to fight against a champ like darius.

Garens way more difficult. He requires no mana, is innately tanky, and does tonnes of damage. The chances of you beating a garen even with babysitting jungler top lane is quite low. At best you shud take advantage of when he returns to base, break his tower and gank other squishier lanes.

Jax is strong early, and he only gets stronger. Your best bet is to shut him down early, and zone him.
that was even as mid-late game progresses, jax wudnt be so fed that your team cant crush him with ease.

Proxy345

12-12-2012

Ravenous Hydra and Black Cleaver are a must as the first two big items. It helps to learn exactly when to pop that W reflect.If someone like Gangplank or Irelia is coming closer towards Fiora,pop the W and watch their health drop instead of yours,a well timed Riposte always makes fair trades against Fiora impossible. Max her Riposte first to get the most AD

CapnRogo

12-12-2012

I think you have to play Fiora like you do Master Yi or Tryndamere. Both are amazing at cleaning up teamfights, and thus have to wait for the battle to have been fought for a little bit to go in. You have to wait until most of the opponent's cc is blown, and then just clear house. You can itemize decently to help give Fiora some very solid defensive stats, and having a Black Cleaver wont hurt either, as it does provide a solid 250 health.

Panda8

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cocacolawithice View Post
I just started playing Fiora. Love her so much, she's very fun. Nonetheless I have a very hard time with her. She has awesome damage, but I feel that she's way too squishy to be viable in top, I mean, compare her to champions like Darius, Jax or Garen, who can be really tanky while still dealing massive damage. Easy to get harassed in lane too, the only way to strike back is to Q but it's usually suicidal. Her ulti is soooo awesome, but with high CD and mediocre damage, that doesn't help the fact that she's squishy. No escape. She's like an AD carry but a melee one, which puts her in a great disadvantage.

I usually rush Ravenous Hydra and BT, then get some tanky items. Any thoughts and tips? Thanks in advance.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CNDfiF5Pfgk

point made.