New item combo question about Liandry's Torment

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

The Waxer

12-04-2012

I was wondering if Liandry's Torment's passive is triggered by Sunfire Cape's passive. I.e every second it would deal 1.7% (it's 5%/3seconds) of all surrounding enemies current hp to them as magic damage (plus the 40 from the cloak). Does anyone know for sure?

OdiIon

12-05-2012

I doubt it. Or else everyone playing against Amumu would be crying out every orifice of their bodies.

Miyanaga Saki

12-06-2012

Liandry's Torment only procs for spell damage, similar to spell vamp and Rylai's.
Sunfire Cape is an AOE from an item and not a spell, so no.

Edit: The Amumu problem still exists though, since his puddle does proc it for half effect.

IonDragonX

12-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alephfour View Post
Liandry's Torment only procs for spell damage, similar to spell vamp and Rylai's.
Sunfire Cape is an AOE from an item and not a spell, so no.
True
Quote:
Edit: The Amumu problem still exists though, since his puddle does proc it for half effect.
Aresome! Amumu + Ryalai's + Torment = real terror.

67chrome

12-07-2012

I'm fairly certain everything that applies Tormant/Blackfire/Rylie's/Hextech Sweeper/Spell Vamp is all in the same camp. So if Rylies+Sunfire Cape wasn't already a thing, it's safe to say no.

Aaeolen

12-07-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by alephfour View Post
If I'm reading the effect correctly, AoE is half duration not half dot, which would imply that you get the whole 3.3%/s effect on anybody inside the range of despair if you have rylai's, so with those two items + sunfire your aura will do 64 + (3.3% current hp) + (4.2 max %), which is over 200 dps on a 2k hp champ. Add in an abyssal and you're piercing 70 mr (bringing them negative at with 55 or less) for massive damage.

elerico

12-08-2012

I'm pretty sure that "half-duration" means that Torment's passive does less DPS, not more.

IåmRogue

12-15-2012

We ever get red to answer? Bcs it states that torment DOES work with thorn mails passive, so why not sunfires?