"Spirit of the ---" Items?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AlphaWolvesGamer

12-03-2012

Just out of curiosity, what items would you think should be put on what people? Tank/Brawler Junglers would obviously want Spirit of the Blue Golem for the huge health and armor, and tenacity. On-Hit and AD Junglers would obviously want Spirit of the Red Lizard for the Pseudo Lizard on-hit proc. I don't know a lot who wan't to use Spirit of the Spectral Wraiths, but I'm sure there are a few out there, maybe Fiddles? Because of increased jungle, and increased spellvamp? Maybe Diana for the damage as well?

Just out of curiosity, what Junglers woudl want what items?

Warwick - Would he want the On-Hit proc of Red Lizard or the Magic Pen + Ability Power of Spectral Wraiths?

Mundo - Obviously he is going to want Blue Golem (Ironically)

What would you guys suggest building your Machete into?

The Macon

12-04-2012

I get Spirit of the Spectral Wraiths on Nunu.

IonDragonX

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaWolvesGamer View Post
Warwick - Would he want the On-Hit proc of Red Lizard or the Magic Pen + Ability Power of Spectral Wraiths?
Neither. Warwick should be building Wriggles Lantern out of his Machete. His huge auto attack steroid synergizes with it.

As a point of interest, the Spirit of the Elder Lizard works on spells too, if they aren't damage over time. Hecarim loves it, he can proc it on-hit and with spamming his Q.

AlphaWolvesGamer

12-14-2012

Sorry I haven't replied, I have had a hard time logging into the forums (which I found out logging out, then re-logging in fixed which I never knew that before...). Anyway, back to the replies I got on this thread.

@The Macon: Spirit of the Ancient Golem seems so broken right now haha. But Spirit of the Spectral Wraiths seems like it would be great on Nunu. Huge increase on Consume Heal and the AP stacks on his damages and a champion that would like getting Merc's over other boots anyway unless you want mobility for ganking.... but I feel all around Ancient golem is better for him at cost.

@IonDragonX: Here is the deal, Wiggles lantern is only really good during the jungle, but losses effectiveness outside of the jungle when fighting opponents. Where as Ancient Golem gives Armor and Tenacity, Red Lizard gives on hit procs that hit 5 times during his ultimate and deal damage on basic attacks, and Wraiths increase the Heal amount of his Q and the damage on his Q and R. Lantern is good for the jungle and warding Baron, but outside that, it feels rather lacking overall in a fight.

gblast123

12-14-2012

just experimenting with kayle.. but would it make sense to get more than one of these items?

or r there better alternatives?

it would seem he would benefit from the AP elder and and AD elder..

but it thought that it would be too strange to get more than one..

with all these new items.. it is really a brand new game.. i feel so stupid right now.. sorry to ask..

67chrome

12-14-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by gblast123 View Post
just experimenting with kayle.. but would it make sense to get more than one of these items?
Kayle can utilize pretty much every item in the game to a reasonable level of effectiveness. Because of that you're probably better off avoiding redundant cases rather than stacking them though.

jmlinden7

12-14-2012

The proc isn't on-hit, it's a dot that gets reapplied. It's basically 22 true damage per second on anyone you hit. This means the proc doesn't scale with anything, you just have to have a skill that can hit the entire enemy team repeatedly every 3 seconds.

MayoGetLow69

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

I've mad a thread or two about these items before. I'd put it like this:

Ancient Golem - Hands down the best of the three. Stats are a bit similar to a Sunfire Cape, but slightly less armor, slightly more health, the jungling benefits, AND, the best part, the tenacity that comes with it.

Elder Lizard - Not as bad as the Spectral Wraith, but it isn't exactly good. In most cases, I find it hard to realistically want this over a Wriggle's Lantern even if you are a jungling AD caster. The proc and ward active a very hard to give up. Also, a Wriggle's is 800 gold cheaper.

Spectral Wraith - Worst one hands down. Its stats, especially for 2400 gold, are very small. I've said this before, but apparently some people don't get it, but after your initial clear on an AP jungler, you will be almost guaranteed to not need this items "jungling damage" to help you clear. Consider that jungle creeps usually have very little MR, if none at all. Why then would you even consider wasting your money on the Spectral Wraith when you could simply build MORE AP for a much cheaper cost, which would amplify your damage to the almost MR-less jungle much more, AS WELL as to champions. Worried about spellvamp? You really shouldn't be, but consider saving 100 more gold and buying a Will of the Ancient in that case, perhaps. Similar, but much better all around stats (minus the cdr which is easy to get from the other good AP items) AND it benefits your team.

Exprima

12-15-2012

Wriggle's Lantern still exists, ya know. It's better on most AD junglers like Noc and Lee, only reason I get Spirit of the Elder Lizard instead on Hecarim is because it procs on with his W.