Syndra as support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DaSuperMinion

12-04-2012

That is the question... been thinking about this for a while and I think it could work. He problems are that she is slow, has no escape, and is a mana hog. So, I figure if you have her share the lane and no actively csing that offers her protection and with her high base damage she just may be useful for poke. Hell, her stun is one of the best in the game and honestly is is only slightly less reliable than a blitz grab, so... Thoughts?

Any pros or cons I am missing?

Elodin

12-04-2012

You need AP items or she'll fall off hard late game.

Her stun is nice, but you can't let that be the basis for turning her into a support.

DaSuperMinion

12-04-2012

No, the reason for taking her support is that she is too hard for most people to solo with her... the stun is just something she brings to the table.

I do hear what you are saying bout ap items. However, I do think you can get away with building her like say an ap sona, and she doesn't need to do tons of damage late game... most supports don't. I also wonder with the changes coming in S3 if that will make the idea more viable? You can bet I'll be trying it out.

Taoquitok

12-04-2012

She has a few benefits. She has a nice small aoe slow and the stun as already mentioned, but one of the more unique benefits she has is that she has great control over how pushed a lane is.
If you're pushing to far, she can pick up a minion and chuck it back towards your next incoming wave to keep it held back, this way allowing for you to make it easier to allow ganks as long as you don't mind taking the odd CS away from your adc in favour of keeping the lane pushed towards your side.

In the long run though she really isn't that good of a support.. or at least no where near as good as zyra...

You can do some weird things where if you team up with a malz you can fling the space-aids infected minions into an enemy to make sure they get the dot... If you're going to do this though I would suggest instead of going the troll 'adc malz' build, go AP and have your adc go mid.

DaSuperMinion

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoquitok View Post
She has a few benefits. She has a nice small aoe slow and the stun as already mentioned, but one of the more unique benefits she has is that she has great control over how pushed a lane is.
If you're pushing to far, she can pick up a minion and chuck it back towards your next incoming wave to keep it held back, this way allowing for you to make it easier to allow ganks as long as you don't mind taking the odd CS away from your adc in favour of keeping the lane pushed towards your side.

In the long run though she really isn't that good of a support.. or at least no where near as good as zyra...

You can do some weird things where if you team up with a malz you can fling the space-aids infected minions into an enemy to make sure they get the dot... If you're going to do this though I would suggest instead of going the troll 'adc malz' build, go AP and have your adc go mid.
I hadn't even considered that throwing around minions to slow pushes or set up for Malz. That is an awesome idea

ChaoticHypnotic

12-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taoquitok View Post

Great input overall.

"If you're pushing to far, she can pick up a siege minion and chuck it back towards your next incoming wave"

Fixt.

Gawnjah

01-05-2013

Ive found that Syndra can support well with high attack speed ADCs, for example, Varus, Graves, or Ez.

I made a build on Mobafire if you'd like to see and provide feedback!

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-le...support-285583