Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

stacking armor pen on vi....

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xirxies

12-12-2012

vi is already op but my last game i didnt get a chance to try due to a surrender but i was wondering if stacking vi's w 3rd strike passive with TBC and LW if it would really make her op also using red armor pen runes.

Voidgolem

12-12-2012

Assuming you don't get gibbed by CC or standard burst, yeah, that'll make you hit very hard.

TheTieThatBinds

12-12-2012

Wonder how Black Cleaver, Last Whisper, and the Ghostblade would be on her

Mix that with a frozen mallet and Iceborn Gauntlets and you got a fairly good tanky bruiser build.

phar0ah1

12-12-2012

Assuming your enemy isn't brain dead they will likely grab some armor but yeah if your able to punch through all that armor then you are basically doing true damage. This cannot affect enemy armor beyond 0 to deal bonus damage.

Darklarik

12-12-2012

Lol OP?

Shes easier to kite than Darius. Has no consistent cc or slows, and cant stick to targets.

Kite the **** out of her. Pick Teemo, Kayle, Vlad, Mordekaiser ecs

AriesMajor

12-12-2012

Quote:
Xirxies:
vi is already op but my last game i didnt get a chance to try due to a surrender but i was wondering if stacking vi's w 3rd strike passive with TBC and LW if it would really make her op also using red armor pen runes.

If you don't build some form of heavy damage other than BC's and LW's none of that penetration will matter. Most of her damage comes from a Xin Xhao archtypical build, or a nocturn etc. Unless you plan on countering their tank I see no reason to stack that much against squishies that will have no more than 70 armor anyway.

PerfidiousAlbion

12-12-2012

Vi isn't even remotely OP, and the way people here are clamoring for nerfs to her she won't even be viable by the time she's released. She's all melee range and her only is tied up in utility is in her ultimate or requires her to stick to a target while giving her no innate means of doing so. She should do loads of damage or there's no reason to pick her.

Quote:
TheTieThatBinds:
Wonder how Black Cleaver, Last Whisper, and the Ghostblade would be on her

Mix that with a frozen mallet and Iceborn Gauntlets and you got a fairly good tanky bruiser build.

It'd be great if it wasn't so expensive that you'll never finish it in a regular length game. It also doesn't give you as much durability as you're likely to need.

deputatu

12-13-2012

Quote:
Xirxies:

The only reason VI is op is:

1) PBE matchups are ussualy unfair, there are a ton of bad players, and VI has a good pubstomp kit.

2) I`ve never seen a counter pick to her being used, just get a mobile champ and VI is as good as dead, hell kennen, kayle and teemo run circles arround her.

So all in all if VI is against a top bruiser that needs to stand and fight in order to win then yeah, she stands her ground quite well. But any champ with a decent escape mechanism or kiting power will just make fun of her. Or better put, VI`s kit is op in a certain set of circumstances, if you get them then yeah she wrecks, but it is oh so easy to interrupt that from happening.