Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

festive katarina - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ginga

Recruiter

12-12-2012

Can't really judge the quality of the skin anymore.

Caving in to feminist pressure and removing such a beautifully done recall animation and replacing it with...the new inferior one just left too much of a bitter taste.

I know Morello said the poledance was removed not because of PC-reasons, but then WHY did Volibar originally drop the bomb on us that it is being removed specifically in a feminist thread decrying that skin's poledance recall? (http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?p=32186691#32186691) Not just drop the bomb, immediately lock the thread afterwards before too many people can give their thoughts on the bad news.

Googiegames

12-12-2012

Everybody, let's support the following idea by Zerocaliber! We aren't going to get the old recall back, all we can do is plead with Riot to make the following recall animation that THEMATICALLY MAKES SENSE with the splash art!

"What if instead of that, four sides of a box appear under her, she folds up her arms, and then the sides of the box all close around her and form a present. The present then disappears at the end of the recall. When she re-appears in the fountain, she cuts herself out out the present in a spinning slash.

There you go. Still has kind of that show-offy-ness the skin was going for, but at the same time, she can be a cool fighter when she slashes the present apart revealing herself. It definitely feels like something Katarina would do and is much more in her style (pretty, but deadly).

Maybe she can do a cutesy wink/wave as she is about to be closed within the present."
Source: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2892948

On that note, make the current recall animation her taunt and give her the above recall animation, EVERYBODY will be happy. Riot pls!

And actually the hair being a bit more blonde would be nice, there's a poll asking if the skin should feature a more blond-ish tint to the hair like the splash art has with a majority favoring the blonde color rather than orange. I can see why red hair would be too much with the red costume.

So, in summary:
1) Christmas present recall animation. http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2892948
2) Change candy cane slash to be her taunt
3) Make the hair more blonde like the splash art. Poll showing support- http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?s=&t=2893812

Henry Plainview

12-12-2012

The people complaining about the removal of pole dancing make me viciously hate the LoL community even more than I already do (often from using the word feminazi/fembot unironically...), but the new animation is terrible. It would better if you didn't have anything.

Shadeykris

12-12-2012

The splash art is awesome. It looks good, Kat looks good, and nothing was compromised about her to get it that way. I really like it.

I think the present-box recall idea is hilarious, but I remember not too long ago at all nobody even had unique recall animations... so it's not a big deal to me if there's nothing amazing.

MentalOutGaming

Recruiter

12-12-2012

I seriously hope the current recall is just a placeholder. That gift box idea that people have been suggesting sounds great to me. Not this candy cane slashing thing that would make anyone think Riot just does not care anymore.

Also don't like the orange hair in game. I do like the blond color in the splash.

M C

12-12-2012

this skin better be worth 520 rp only, cause it isn't great compared to her other skins or the other xmas skins

Flaest

12-12-2012

Quote:
Googiegames:
Everybody, let's support the following idea by Zerocaliber!

Agreed! Especially if she will pop out of the box when recalled - would be an instabuy, and best recall animation in the whole game=)

Krimson62

12-12-2012

it's been posted before, should be posted again.

Do this with her recall http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2892948

Or do what morello said and make her fall.

Nixzilla

12-12-2012

Change her in-game hair to the Blonde in the splash and then change the recall to the Present idea the rest is great.

Googiegames

12-12-2012

Quote:
hotsizzlex:
this skin better be worth 520 rp only, cause it isn't great compared to her other skins or the other xmas skins

We'd rather Riot listen to our feedback and implement it into the game and make it normal RP but truly valuable. 520 rp would just be a lazy cop-out.
Riot please! Blonde hair, christmas present recall! We are at your mercy...