Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

festive katarina - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YuriKitten

12-12-2012

Looking at the old animation again, I'd like to make a suggestion. Keep the spin around the candy cane, but remove the very -last- bit of the animation where she suddenly throws her head back and loses all essence of intimidation. This would keep the femme fatale theme you're so hellbent on having with her, giving her a "I may be hot, but you're going to be dead."

This would also fit well with the theme shown by her splash art http://media-titanium.cursecdn.com/loldiffs/AirClientDiff_12_11_2012_11_16_PM/images/Katarina_Splash_7.jpg

At first glance, she's the hot Christmas-themed stripper popping out of a christmas present, but then you realize that this isn't a good thing. She's actually about to kill you.

And, fyi, the whole antlers on her head thing does not run contrary to the concept of Christmas STRIPPER.

In fact, thanks to google, I've pretty much found her exact outfit for purchase. http://www.attractivewear.net/pc/Lc-83379/lc/.html

Peco1321

12-12-2012

The splash also needs improvment too, yes as somebody stated she looks quite young, although the malicious expression does look fitting

BTW... who is the poor guy who opened the present? Garen? XD

piedol

12-12-2012

As everyone on the thread has been saying, the new animation is lackluster. I can understand the previous issues had with her pole-dancing being 'against the theme of the character', so why not compromise with the community?

Maybe do like others have suggested and have her look at the candy pole that appears for a second before laughing and flat out telling the player 'No' or 'I don't think so'? IMO, that would still be sticking with her commanding personality while still adding that element of 'Hotness' that the players are looking for.

Just my two cents.

CanadianGuyEh

Recruiter

12-12-2012

Fix the recall.... Y u no make it good

GmahdeWiesn

12-12-2012

Now that i looked closer at all these things i have to point some new things out.

1. The hair in the splash art looks much more blonde than it does ingame. To be honest the splash art hair does look like a mixture between orange and blonde and i have to say that this is really good.

2. The splash-art itself is awesome. But the face looks a bit strange. Its like this katarina is not the same person than the other skins. Completely different face (mostly the eyes).

3. The splashart shows that she is popping out of a gift. And as soooo many people before me suggested the obvious: Just do the same animation for her recall. It just fits so absolutely perfect with the art and your arguments about her personality.

hartar

Recruiter

12-12-2012

Quote:
GmahdeWiesn:
Now that i looked closer at all these things i have to point some new things out.

1. The hair in the splash art looks much more blonde than it does ingame. To be honest the splash art hair does look like a mixture between orange and blonde and i have to say that this is really good.

2. The splash-art itself is awesome. But the face looks a bit strange. Its like this katarina is not the same person than the other skins. Completely different face (mostly the eyes).

3. The splashart shows that she is popping out of a gift. And as soooo many people before me suggested the obvious: Just do the same animation for her recall. It just fits so absolutely perfect with the art and your arguments about her personality.

This ideia for recall is really good.

Nixzilla

12-12-2012

Use this one for the recall http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2892948

Vulking

12-12-2012

Quote:
GmahdeWiesn:

This, She use a smoke bomb (Shunpo) and transform into a big gift box, then she pop out of it when it recall to base.

ANYTHING but the crappy pole slice.

IBastardI

12-12-2012

Well riot u got ur feedback... so change the recall animation and the red hair..peace

dtown

12-12-2012

New recall sucks