Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

festive katarina - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Peco1321

12-12-2012

Guess what, another "New recall animation sucks" post, sorry, but is the true, best idea if you don't have time to come up with something more decent is return to the old one and take the heat, just like you did with other subjects like this one (Elise, Zyra, etc etc.)

Or listen to the ideas on the aforementioned tread, there are a few good ones that are not too oversexualized... but please, don't use Morello's idea, if you are saying her pole dance is out of character failing at doing it is only worse, humilliating a chracter like Kat in such a menial task is really plain dumb and borderline stupid

On another subject, Kat's favorite color is red, for what we can all see, I say you should remove the orange from her hair, make it her usual red and make the whole outfit red and white, like Santa's, I say it will improve the overall look of the image

PS: Make Rugged santa Garen to pair with her? haha xD

LastProtagonist

12-12-2012

Basically, to me the animation is excruciatingly long, drawn out, and boring. The pole looks like it's too far away from her, which might compound the feeling, but it looks like it could run in 1/3rd of time it takes to go...This makes it seem like Riot just went, "We need to replace this stripper animation...any ideas? No? Let's just have her slice it with her knives. Okay, we've got that animation. How's it look? Oh ****, we've still got all this extra time. **** it. Slow the animation down." Not only that, but because it's so slow, it also seems as though it doesn't fit Katarina at all.

One suggestion I have would be to have Katarina to hop (shunpo) around the pole and slice it into pieces. This doesn't have to be a dance (although I think it'd fit her theme if she cut the pole in half) or anything, but the current animation is exceedingly bland when compared to the other animation and quite frankly, I find it disappointing.

Altonious

12-12-2012

Well aside from the new recall animation being horrid and the reasons given for it being changed flat out lies by riot. I kinda have a problem with the splash art, i just don't like it, she looks too young.

YuriKitten

12-12-2012

The new recall animation might've been okay if you'd done it originally and not given us the original recall animation on her. Now, it's just a slap in the face, a "**** you" to everyone who wants the original animation, which fit the skin perfectly. She's dressed as a christmas-themed stripper as is. There's no justifiable reason to have removed her original skin. There's MORE justification in this Katarina skin having the poledance recall animation than there is in Nidalee having a poledance /dance animation (there's nothing sexual about Nidalee's personality, just a couple bad jokes you guys at riot threw in that have nothing real to do with her character).

Flaest

12-12-2012

Sry for my English (not my native language), but I just feel I have to say something.
I love Kat (one of my mains), and I actually like this skin. Abilites look nice, sound effects are great as well. Hair on model could've been done better (splash art pictures them perfectly) - this is important, because of how much attention they get in-game. And...
This recall doesn't make any sence. It's animation looks pretty rushed and cheap, and the whole idea is kinda retarded. Seriously - candy cane pole shows out of nowhere, she slices it in half for some reason (dat Christmas spirit for you), and then just recalls as usual. What the heck? It's not funny, it's stupid. Really stupid.

...Just give us back the old recall, please.

z Lucke

Recruiter

12-12-2012

Doesnt even seem like they tried with the new recall.

Rhaegel

12-12-2012

You asked for feedback so expect all of the "please give us back the old recall animation and get rid of this extremely rushed new one" people to respond.

That being said. I'm one of them. This new recall is terrible give her back the old one. Katarina has every right to be sexy once in a while just like the rest of the lovely lol ladies.

Dartkun

12-12-2012

It doesn't even make sense.

Morello said that Candy Canes don't fit the theme, Ok, why is there a candy cane in the new recall?

Morello said that the skin was supposed to be fun and playful. Ok, why is she angrily slashing a candy cane? That doesn't look fun and playful.

What does hitting a Candy Cane even have to do with recalling?

Keeping the Candy Cane Slice animation is just a reminder of what the skin has lost. Please just remove it or change it to popping out of an Xmas Present.

Wytsfs

12-12-2012

Riot please take a look at this thread: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/showthread.php?t=2892948

The suggestion for an alternate recall animation in the first post of that thread actually matches the splash art you made. Give us a recall like that.

Ruby69

12-12-2012

Quote:
Dartkun:
It doesn't even make sense.

Morello said that Candy Canes don't fit the theme, Ok, why is there a candy cane in the new recall?

Morello said that the skin was supposed to be fun and playful. Ok, why is she angrily slashing a candy cane? That doesn't look fun and playful.

What does hitting a Candy Cane even have to do with recalling?

Keeping the Candy Cane Slice animation is just a reminder of what the skin has lost. Please just remove it or change it to popping out of an Xmas Present.

Indeed, the original animation may have been a bit much, but so many of us liked it I can't help but agree in the lobbying for it's return, or some sort of modification to keep it more in a playful theme without it being too 'rawr' as Morello colorfully put it. The original kind of set our expectations high and understandably Riot has things they need to get done too--this is the holiday season, after all.