Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

festive katarina - bugs and feedback thread

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Googiegames

12-13-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
the removal of the previous recall happened way too late in the release process to allow us any time for further iteration, so we aren't able to explore suggestions like the present-themed idea or make adjustments to the current recall.

Thank you for your response. But what about Haunting Nocturne, why can't this be a repeat of that time? Haunting Nocturne was only 520rp and yet you guys put so much more effort into revamping the spell effects WAY after it had been released. Could you not just take some extra time to make this recall later, maybe not in time for release but before the holiday ends?

Most people are complaining about the recall here. So fine, you can't fix it in time for release. Fix it the way you fixed Haunting Nocturne. Fix it within a couple of weeks after its release date. Or has Riot really changed that much in a year to no longer be receptive to feedback like this anymore?

I'm sure there must be an animator in the office who would be willing to do this. Heck if I was an animator I'd volunteer for free to do this for you. How much time/ work are we seriously asking for here, when it was an issue that Riot as a company started in the first place?

Stark Midnight

12-13-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
the splash artists recently made an update to the image. i think it's in the current pbe build, but i haven't confirmed if it made the cutoff. should be better now.

this feedback has popped up a few times—i'll pass this along to the splash team.

the removal of the previous recall happened way too late in the release process to allow us any time for further iteration, so we aren't able to explore suggestions like the present-themed idea or make adjustments to the current recall.

Wait so your blaming us for suggesting a recall to late when it was Riot that went derp and took out her fluid and fitting recalled (1 week before release) and replaced it with something half-assed.

Teague Wan

12-13-2012

the recent recall animation looks too dumb, how about change it to: she hides herself into a gift box and breaks and jumps out from it after she is back

Stone Ocean

12-13-2012

I gotta ask though, why would you even remove something that late in the release process?

Didn't you guys learn anything from the Dark Valkyrie Diana fiasco?

Stark Midnight

12-13-2012

On a second note her recall animation/sound is very badly synchronized on the dominion map.

Mxie

Recruiter

12-13-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:

So what you're saying is that Riot prefers put their head in the sand regarding a decision based on faulty reasoning, despite player feedback to the contrary, and decides to sacrifice the quality of their product?

Really cool move there Riot. I could have sworn that you guys claimed you listened to your player base.

Seriously, the posters in this thread, which are the people who actually care about the skin have posted near unanimously (and how often does such cohesion actually happen?) that the new animation is bad, and needs to be redone. Keeping that animation in and telling us to deal with it is the biggest "**** you" I've ever seen from this company.

You say you care about quality, well just give us the old animation back. Do you want a quality product, or do you care about your nonsensical "themes" argument too much? Or were you just lying to us?

Altonious

12-13-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:
the splash artists recently made an update to the image. i think it's in the current pbe build, but i haven't confirmed if it made the cutoff. should be better now.

this feedback has popped up a few times—i'll pass this along to the splash team.

I'm calling malarkey on that last part Haunting Nocturne got extra stuff after it was released and it was priced as a recolor. Also its clear that an overwhelming majority not only greatly dislike the current recall but also were strongly against the removal of the previous one. Doesn't Riot keep telling us they listen to the players and won't cave to the demands of a few people who whine? That's exactly what happened here.

Chun Li

12-13-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:

"Too late, didn't have time to make anything cool. Here, have something that looks like ass regardless of the entire community asking for the old one back. Please buy our skin."

Yeah, okay Riot. I like where this is going.

Otrova

12-13-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:

I mad, but I think the biggest mistake you made through the whole affair was setting poor expectations.

A "pole-dance" was expected and it was replaced with a very negatively received patch-job.
Open this thread for "feedback on the skin", then only respond to potential changes to the splash.

If it is so late, that you had no intention of changing the recall, you knew this already, so please make that part of the post in future.
Very disappointed overall.

TheUltimate3

12-13-2012

Quote:
ricklessabandon:

Ha! Called it!