Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

@Riot, Nerf on Vi's ultimate

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ShakuHaze

12-12-2012

I've already posted on the GD forums, but someone said to post here, so that I will.

I understand nerfing her base damage is fine.

(Assault and Battery damage reduced to 200/375/550 damage from 200/350/400)

But isn't removing the 'Denting Blow' from her W a bit much?

You've already removed 100 base damage from her R, why remove a extra damaging effect?

Voidgolem

12-12-2012

because putting one-third of a fractional nuke onto a gigantic damage knockup in addition to temporary CC immunity and lesser-gigantic-damage on people between you and the target is just a little bit too strong.

Not having the unstoppable thing apply 1/3rd of the armor-break/fractional damage seems a reasonable change.

Taikero

12-12-2012

I think the R should still have applied Denting Blows to the target of the ultimate.

TheTieThatBinds

12-12-2012

Well, regardles, taking denting blows off does nothing. You just wait until there's 2 of the rings on the target, ult, then immediately autoattack or use your E and proc it.

I would like the ult to do an AoE splash knockback effect at the area where you slam them back into the ground that knocks back enemy champions away from you when you do that.

phar0ah1

12-12-2012

Quote:
TheTieThatBinds:
Well, regardles, taking denting blows off does nothing. You just wait until there's 2 of the rings on the target, ult, then immediately autoattack or use your E and proc it.

I would like the ult to do an AoE splash knockback effect at the area where you slam them back into the ground that knocks back enemy champions away from you when you do that.

Well her ult already knocks aside anything in her way doing some damage along the way so adding in yet another AoE knockup/knockback around the impact area would be a little much to me. I do like the idea since it would make that slam more impactful but in favor of balance I think it is fine the way it is.

Darklarik

12-12-2012

Might have something to do with the fact that she can Reck any melee champion that cant kite her.

Prince Kassad

12-12-2012

The problem is that Denting Blows is so effective in the best-case-scenario (when your ultimate is up) that is really isn't a sustained damage tool as much as a part of her burst combo. IMO I would rather they keep Denting Blows strong for repeated attacks to the same target, and not have it applied by both her ultimate and her Q. It just means that she won't do all of her damage immediately.

I am in favor of the change. Keep Denting Blows off of her R.

Vanillea

12-12-2012

after your ult, can you use Q E E for tripple denting blows? Well, her W is really strong because it scales with her AD and armor is not as effective now. Together with her shield, she can wreck anyone from tank to squshy in a few seconds

orakio

12-12-2012

At this point Vi's ultimate feels like a less versatile version of nautilus or malphites ultis to me. They all share similar Cd's and base damage numbers, although Vi's scales a bit better. malphite is longer range faster moving mass knockup for longer duration and doesn't lock him out of abilities like vi does while she is piledriving the opponent. Nautilus has a longer cast range, can be used to engage or disengage and has longer cc on primary target and much longer on secondary target. In addition nautilus ultimate can be used on a secondary target without disengaging from primary respomsibility letting him cc the enemy ADC while peeling for his own carries.

To be honest I think Vi's ultimate should retain the denting blows proc but drastically reduce the baseline damage(100/175/250 base). This makes it more about the utility aspects(initiating/getting her denting blow aspeed buff up) and less of a pure damage tool. Doing it this way could also create more diversity in her builds as it creates a tougher decision between leveling W early or later. W for sustained damage and burst on ulti vs Q for mobility and better engagement outside ulti vs E for wave clearing/poke harass. As it is right now, W is just a 1 point wonder until late game.