[guide] The MFing Cho'Gath

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

simplygnome

12-02-2009

First off - great guide. I play the MF Chogath and it rocks. I play it so much, I had to get the Chogath skin just for extra RAWR factor!

Second - I have a question. Against a really fed carry that managed to farm all game how much armor is enough? I found I was blasted apart as easily as a squishy. Our solution was just to team gank with stuns and burst damage, not even my MF Chogath could stand up against him, and I had Guardian, 2x Warmogs, and a sunfire, along with Mercury, but the carry was jungling most game. This gave us a huge advantage early game, as team battles were easier without him, but then he appeared out of nowhere with farmed eq and tore us up. Again we countered him, but should I have stacked more armor in that instance, or what would have been a good solution?

Lemt

12-02-2009

If he's dealing mostly physical damage, get a Frozen Heart. If he's dealing mostly magic damage, get Force of Nature. If it's more like 50/50, get Aegis of the Legion. Aegis gets nerfed on this patch, so it may not be such a good idea anymore.

Kalledon

12-02-2009

I've found a lot of success using the Rupture/Vorpal build, ignoring silence till the end, but with stacking AP. For items

1. Regrowth Pendant -> Upgrade to Philosopher's Stone
2. Boots of Swiftness
3. Mejai's Soulstealer (this one is important because of it's Unique Passive. Once your start eating other heroes left and right this will shoot your AP up quickly, plus it starts at 70 AP which is nothing to scoff at)
4. Zhonya's Ring
5. Rylai's Scepter
6. Lich Bane
7. If your game is still going at this point, sell Regrowth for any static HP boost

Your Rupture will be doing about 700-800 damage now and your Feast will be doing over 1000.

Now I know you might be concerned about no +HP, but with Feast's boosts and being aware of what's going on, this usually isn't an issue. Remember Feast gives the same HP boost if you use it on a minion as on a champion. So if you die, just eat a bunch of minions or creeps before heading back out.

on1on

12-02-2009

funny write up, thnx

mullsork

12-03-2009

Oh yes, MFing cho'gath! While I don't follow your example exactly, I have had great success after reading your guide ALWAYS. If I get to solo, I'll be 18 first, I'll have many kills, and I'll be a mother****er. Actually, I've carried two games just because my opponents underestimate the capabilities of a fed up Chog.

My usual build is to get a force of nature first, UNLESS there are no casters. I pick a pendant as my first, and I have my masteries focused on mana regen so I can spam rupture. Hey teemo, don't you love having to drink all those damn bottles? Squishy squish early kill.

I just had this great match vs a bad team (bad as in bad picks but also semi-bad palying, not that my team was any better). Several squishies, no tank. GG. The Atma's was chosen when I knew the game was over and decided to own even further. It's not quite the MFing Cho'Gath, but my in-your-face-I-dance-on-corpses play style is very similar. I open with a rupture, followed by a scream, then feast. Not enough? Rupture/scream/flash -> dead.

http://pici.se/510950/

Andross

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mpalm View Post
Oh good, I'm so tired of making magic find sorcs.
^

SwampZero

12-03-2009

Ok goes without saying but "Leviathan Armor" is pretty much a must on the MF Cho'gath.

Just tried it.

It gives a **** TON of hp, and it gives em fast, stacks are p. easy to get , synergizes well with all his other skills/items and at 20 stacks (feasible) you get 15% damage reduction holy ****.

I was, at lvl~ 12 at 4.2k hp (~15 charegs on levi), and that was with a fresh warmog, no extra hp from it.

I died and went back to 3k hp lol. But only lost like 4 charges so was no big deal.

End of game I was sitting on top of 5.2k hp with just Warmog/Levi as far as hp items went (guardian angel doesnt give hp , right?)

I was basically out-regening the base towers. Not tanking, out regenerating... (had a force of nature too tho)

Sphinxter

12-03-2009

The MFing Cho'Gath

-No Doubt.
-Very entertaining guide.

Hittori

12-03-2009

Levi before warmogs? Please advise

Great guide!

potstick

12-03-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hittori View Post
Levi before warmogs? Please advise

Great guide!
In my experience you don't tend to rack up a whole lot of kills or assists until mid-game and on, and by that point you can farm up boots+warmogs which you really need and then Levi would be better bought at that point since you probably won't die. This is really most dependant on your playstyle, if you find yourself getting lots of kills and assists earlier on then a Levi first might be acceptable, but you would need a lot of kills and it's a lot more beneficial to have more survivability earlier on.

Just for example's sake, though, say you had 750 health and 15% reduction versus 1350 health (not counting the hp5) taking 5000 damage. Levi gives you an effective 1500 health versus the 1350 from Warmog's, not a whole lot better considering with the full hp5 bonus from Warmog's it would take you somewhere around 8 seconds to regenerate the difference (not counting modifiers from masteries or etc).

So Warmog's is going to generally be a ton more useful to purchase first assuming that 1) your game is not going to be really short (since warmog stacks take time to build) and 2) you're not getting kills or assists very rapidly. Keep in mind that Levi is quite cheap and you should definitely purchase it though.