[guide] The MFing Cho'Gath

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

condon

11-30-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1337SuperNewb View Post
You're also much easier to kill should another cho come around and eat YOUR ass. Wouldn't want that, now would you?
Something I should have noted earlier: When you (inevitably) eat another Cho'Gath (because you are playing the MFing Cho'Gath, and they are not) it is perfectly acceptable (and even encouraged) to scream "THERE CAN BE ONLY ONE!" in all chat, and then /dance on the corpse, time permitting.

Falynth

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2009

I played through a 55 minute match today, and at the end I finished 7-2-5. We end up losing and my entire teams response was, we would of won but you decided to tank.

I ended up with

Boots of Swiftness
Warmog x2
Force of Nature
Guardian Angel
Ry Scepter

I was pretty much untouchable, and the 2 deaths I had were early game screw-ups.

Dopex

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-01-2009

The recent AP ratio decrease on Vorpal and Feral makes me think about giving up on the Elixir of Brilliance and instead going for an early Leviatan. 75 hitpoints per kill sounds like it is made just for Cho'Gath. Combined with the new Soulstealer (180 AP fully stacked!!!) we should be able to get an (even more) unstoppable Feastmachine. The Feastblink towerdive got harder, though with the Flash range decrease/tower range increase.

Xirus

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriffNowak View Post
I played through a 55 minute match today, and at the end I finished 7-2-5. We end up losing and my entire teams response was, we would of won but you decided to tank
Sounds to me like either you didn't know how to tank or your team didn't know how to play with a tank (which is a bit inconceivable, really. But I suppose bad players are often quite likely to think they know what they're talking about).

If you were spearheading the pushes, punishing anyone who went after your allies, you were probably doing fine. If your low death amount is because you hung out around the back of team fights, the problem was you. Chances are, though, the team was just looking for an outlet to whine about, and one player thought chogath should be AP, said something, and the rest of them bandwagoned in.

Falynth

12-01-2009

No, I was out on the frontline the entire time. However, I would choose to Flash away to a tower or into the jungle on lane push and defense if I ever hit below 1/4 health. That would be why i rarely died.

Wahoo McDaniel

12-01-2009

I approve, I am the MF'ing Chogath!

Lexxan

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by SheriffNowak View Post
I played through a 55 minute match today, and at the end I finished 7-2-5. We end up losing and my entire teams response was, we would of won but you decided to tank.
I think almost every Cho will get this from at least one person. I've only had it a couple times. It's always thrown at me in an impossible situation. Yes, Cho'Gath is scary. There was a time last night that I tower dove solo against two people at full health. Both of them ran to their fountain to wait for their team to respawn from other lanes. There's no way I can make 4 people run from a teammate at 10% hp by my lonesome. (One of the situations I was told I was a horrible tank.)

The saddest part for me is that a few people were complaining I don't know how to use feast. Everyone tells me it's a closer. The majority of my feasts were aimed at getting an assist even before reading this guide. I always figured the damage would be better spent in full by bringing someone's health down a huge chunk resulting in them fleeing and/or having a teammate pick up on the sudden huge health drop and getting a killing blow.

condon

12-01-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexxan View Post
The saddest part for me is that a few people were complaining I don't know how to use feast. Everyone tells me it's a closer. The majority of my feasts were aimed at getting an assist even before reading this guide. I always figured the damage would be better spent in full by bringing someone's health down a huge chunk resulting in them fleeing and/or having a teammate pick up on the sudden huge health drop and getting a killing blow.
This. Especially if (Since you're invincible and all) you should have 5-6 feast stacks anyway. If you find the enemy team is constantly focusing you down and pushing your **** in, great! Use feast as an opener, scare them off, die in glory. All the flack it takes to murderfy you every time means that your allies are free to ruin their day. Doesn't matter if you go 0-25, if you're a "bad tank" or if you're dying before getting one swing off in a team battle, if your team is winning, you are doing your job.

killd0zer

12-02-2009

I hate getting a bad team. I was lvl 18 while my solo lane opponent was 15, got 2-3 early flash kills, farmed wartmog's boots of swiftness, Force of nature in about 25 min..... and my feeder team still lost, they were about lvl 14 by endgame, had a 0-7-0 on our team. It was terrible, their yi was just too fed.

Lemt

12-02-2009

Good guide. Or God guide. It's just a matter of how many O's you use in ONOMNOM.
People are too used to judging a player's ability by his statistics. A few days ago as Blitz (you REALLY should do a guide about him) I finished something like 0-2-18. In the post-game chat, the enemy team joked around as to how our team's tank was fed (I was the only one with more deaths than kills on my team). Well guess what children? You lost because you don't know the freaking range of my pull. I come, I pull, I punch, my team beats the **** out of the unfortunate victim. Repeat cycle. What's that, you are hiding behind the tower? I dive in a bit, pull you out, punch you, and what do you know? You are within my team's range. You are trying to push our tower? Here, com really close, I want you to meet my fist. HARD. This 18 times pretty much wins the game, I hear.

As for Cho, if I have a Cho in my team I want him to be big and fat. AP is nice and all, but it means you hurt one guy, then have to stay back for almost a minute doing close to nothing. Do you know what a 5k HP tank is good for at the back of a teamfight? Nothing. Go big. Go fat. Go tough. Go in front and make the enemy team **** their skirts.