[guide] The MFing Cho'Gath

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kuranith

10-25-2010

Bump. People need this.

Terchio

10-26-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCJunky View Post
I have to say that I disagree with sending Chogath mid, ever. I fail to see what he can do against strong opponents that really do belong mid.

One game I played Tristana against a Chogath in mid, and I pretty much destroyed him. You could say that he sucked in missing the stun, but I'd like to think I actually did a pretty good job of just dodging them. To his credit I didn't get to kill him until level 6 with Trist's R, but there was seemingly nothing he could do against my super long range harass.

After I killed him I said in all-chat "I guess you are not the MFing Chogath". Sadly no one seemed to get the reference.
Clearly you didn't face a MFing Cho'Gath. And if you're not facing a MFing Cho'Gath, I don't know what you think one game against a fail Cho means.

American Antics

10-26-2010

you sir are my hero cho'gath is def a boss and you dedicate true testiment to that bravo witty man

Kerages

10-26-2010

After so many patches, I have a couple questions I don't think have been brought up.

1)Is GA worth it anymore in this guide? When you are going for a crapload of hp and not resistances, if they actually get you down to your GA. It no longer returns to you half your godly hp. Not as worth it maybe?

2)What say you to a Frozen Mallet as a 3rd or 4th item (perhaps instead of the before-mentioned GA). Lots of HP, some damage never hurts, and a reapplied slow?

I haven't played Cho in so long, I might try this again with changes.

Chatastrophe

10-26-2010

HAHAHAHA THIS GUIDE GOT REVIVED!!!! I play Gentleman Cho'gath almost every fking day, and this guide is so godly, I love you condon. I'm adding you, please accept, and I want to know if I'm worthy enough to play the MFing Cho'gath.

To the post above:

1) I dont think GA is completely inviable, as its basically 750 extra hp after death, so even though its not as good, returning you with like 2k hp, its still worth buying and not completely useless.

2) Not worth it. If you really want the slow, you might as well buy Rylais scepter. Its a little less slow, but with vorpal spikes, every auto attack will give you the slow and bonus damage, to top it off with a little ap to make your moves hit that much harder.

One last thing to mention: THIS GUIDE IS ****ING GODLIKE WITH THE AWESOME NEW WARMOGS!!!! HALLEGUIAH!!!!! IT MAKES UP FOR GA!!!!!

Anyways, thats mah 2 cents.

Chatastrophe

10-26-2010

Oh and apparently Vorpal counts for AoE effect now, so vorpals slow is significantly reduced, but its alright, because as condon said, the slow from Rylais comes when the ground shakes, kind of keeping them in place for the full blast.

Warrrax

10-27-2010

Rylais gives 500HPs, 15% slow in a big AoE for every attack and 80AP. Also makes your Scream slow 15% and increases the slow from your rupture somewhat. (adds 15% multiplicatively if I understand the math right, so its not super noticeable unless you are looking.)
The 80AP adds 16 damage to your Vorpal Spikes at the very minimum.

Frozen Mallet adds 20 relatively useless attack damage and 700HPs with a 40% melee slow.

Rylais wins for sure.

Warrrax

10-27-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terchio View Post
Clearly you didn't face a MFing Cho'Gath. And if you're not facing a MFing Cho'Gath, I don't know what you think one game against a fail Cho means.
I have to agree. Cho isnt supposed to rely solely on rupture. With a regrowth pendant and his 60HP recovery for every last-hit, he ought to be able to basically ignore Trist and focus on eating creeps.

If Trist is harassing, she isn't farming and when cho is hit, it ought to send his creeps against Trist for a few quick hits.

If Cho does well, he gets rewarded by an endless supply of HPs and some mana. If he stinks, he gets beat up and can't last-hit and thus doesn't get free HPs. Basically there is a pretty tight feedback loop there that tends to perpetuate his current state.

simplygnome

10-27-2010

@VC Junky - Yeah, this had to be a new or practicing Cho.

Tristana is literally the EASIEST person to lane against mid. When playing against a trist I simply ignore her, kill creeps, and heal through her shots. If I dont get the tower down and at least 1 kill before min 10 against a 'good' trist, I'm slackin.

XerisMox

10-29-2010

This is the single greatest guide ever posted on the internet, ever.

<3