[guide] The MFing Cho'Gath

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ZZZoom

09-17-2010

i'm still confused as to why you don't max rupture/scream first. building chogath as a tank means you are there to CC and be a meat shield...so what are those extra dmg vorpals gonna do? imo you get 1 point in vorpal and max rupture/scream because chogath's scream is one of the longest silences in the game. that + rupture + feast on the opposing team's carry will take him out of the fight. btw i didnt feel like reading through all the pages to see whether someone already brought this up

BlindBanshee

09-17-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZZoom View Post
i'm still confused as to why you don't max rupture/scream first. building chogath as a tank means you are there to CC and be a meat shield...so what are those extra dmg vorpals gonna do? imo you get 1 point in vorpal and max rupture/scream because chogath's scream is one of the longest silences in the game. that + rupture + feast on the opposing team's carry will take him out of the fight. btw i didnt feel like reading through all the pages to see whether someone already brought this up
Sounds like you didn't even read the guide. He maxes rupture for the damage but waits on scream because rupture and scream together are very mana costly, thus you get one then the other and you max the spikes while you're maxing rupture.

btw freakin read the guide you're asking a question about and also read other posts because chances are someone else had the same question. Especially for a guide as old as this one, how many people do you think are still reading it? Freakin read!

Ared

10-01-2010

First time I did this build I actually managed to go 24/3 with Cho

Everyone tried ganking me but when it got to the end not even three people could stop me >3

I still prefer AP Cho just because it's a little easier to harass people with rupture but this is indeed a VERY fun build to at least try.

RagingDonger

10-05-2010

The epitome of a tanks job. Drawing focus! Making sure they can't ignore you cuz you will chomp on them should they try it, and make their lives living terror. Making them simply lose the team battles, before the team battles. Utter MFing poetry!

Teirellion

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-06-2010

Only thing I had a problem with was dying before I could get Feast up all the way. Your guide says dying doesn't matter, and that may be true when you have 6 stacks. But until then. should play a little more defensively? How can I stop losing my stacks?
Also: how do you consistently get the last hits in? My minions always seem to get that last HP.

Grevane

10-06-2010

@Teirellion
Pretty much last hitting comes down to practice. I main MFing Cho'Gath (a bit different from this build, but essentially the same) and I'll clear all the minions every wave (except maybe one once in a while). The more you play Cho, the more you can get the rhythm of his autoattacks down. And as for losing stacks, I find if you keep the pressure on your lane (ie BE AGGRESSIVE) you will be given space, and then your only concern are ganks. Build up some map awareness, check you minimap for missing icons. If you can keep an eye out for ganks, you need not fear death and those stacks will come very quickly. Remember to Feast a minion whenever it's off CD. You don't always need to save it for a kill.

tl;dr: play Cho some more, get used to his rhythms, strengths, and weaknesses. As you gain experience playing him, most all of your problems will solve themselves.

Also, if you're having a monty haul game and utterly destroying the other team, toss on a Leviathan's. I know condon hates the stacks, but the despair on your opponents chats when they see a tank Cho with 20 stacks on Leviathan... delicious.

And remember,
DEATH IS NOT THE END FOR YOU. I HAVE SEEN TO IT; FOR ETERNITY, YOU ARE MINE!

Grevane

10-06-2010

Oh, and I thought I'd weigh in on the whole "Tank vs. AP Cho" debate. I just wanted to note how all the AP Cho advocates basically need the entire enemy team inside their Rupture/Scream AoE range to actually work as well as they say it does. Let me tell you, any halfway competent team isn't gonna group up just for you buddy. What does Tank Cho need to have in order to be effective? If he's IN the team fight, he's doing his job. That's the difference. Tank Cho is a WAY bigger help to his team, he WILL outlast an AP Cho 1v1, and he outputs WAY more MFing FEAR. I've played AP Cho a number of times, and yes I still had a good K/D ratio... but my games did not go as well. We might have won, but not in the ungodly, "you can't stop the NOM" way that Tank Cho does.

VCJunky

10-10-2010

I read through the first 10 pages of this thread and didn't really find much criticism, surprisingly.

I have to say that I disagree with sending Chogath mid, ever. I fail to see what he can do against strong opponents that really do belong mid.

One game I played Tristana against a Chogath in mid, and I pretty much destroyed him. You could say that he sucked in missing the stun, but I'd like to think I actually did a pretty good job of just dodging them. To his credit I didn't get to kill him until level 6 with Trist's R, but there was seemingly nothing he could do against my super long range harass.

After I killed him I said in all-chat "I guess you are not the MFing Chogath". Sadly no one seemed to get the reference.

Grevane

10-10-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by VCJunky View Post
I read through the first 10 pages of this thread and didn't really find much criticism, surprisingly.

I have to say that I disagree with sending Chogath mid, ever. I fail to see what he can do against strong opponents that really do belong mid.

One game I played Tristana against a Chogath in mid, and I pretty much destroyed him. You could say that he sucked in missing the stun, but I'd like to think I actually did a pretty good job of just dodging them. To his credit I didn't get to kill him until level 6 with Trist's R, but there was seemingly nothing he could do against my super long range harass.

After I killed him I said in all-chat "I guess you are not the MFing Chogath". Sadly no one seemed to get the reference.
Haha, you'll need to take me on as Cho'Gath mid. I'll reawaken your fear of the Big Blue Cockmantis! (See, because he looks kinda like a cockroach and a praying mantis? No? Oh well...)

seajaydub

10-11-2010

Personally I thought you meant it's because he looks like a mantis with a giant **** full of epic manseed. But either way works.