[guide] The MFing Cho'Gath

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lawlerkats

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

Vorpal spikes proc tower hate. >:

Worstcase

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-29-2009

But you are the MFing Cho'Gath, so you will take that tower damage, AND LIKE IT.

Not to mention it should, cause if it doesn't whats really stopping Cho from just ignoring the champion and beating on the Turret?

condon

11-29-2009

Sorry if there was a mix up, I sometimes say spikes when I mean rupture. You can rupture someone standing at the tower, and not be in tower range, or start the spell and turn around.

As for the second comment, vorpal spikes dont proc when you're hitting turrets, but you should feel free to be pounding on minions while in turret range anyway. One of two things will happen: They will be dumb and run screaming, or they will be super dumb and come attack you because the tower is hitting you.

But you are the MFing Cho'Gath. You kill eat them, hit the tower one more time out of spite, and walk out casually to start farming minions so you're back at full by the time they res.

DT777

11-29-2009

You forgot to add that you need a macro to spam the "OM NOM NOM NOM" joke.

condon

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by DT777 View Post
You forgot to add that you need a macro to spam the "OM NOM NOM NOM" joke.
It's so much more satisfying to type it out.

123birds

11-29-2009

What happens when you get stunned towerdiving and owned by veigar : P?

condon

11-29-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by 123birds View Post
What happens when you get stunned towerdiving and owned by veigar : P?
You let the little blue bastard waste his mana on you because you're huge. If hes giving you trouble instead of running around actually getting kills, it's all good. At worst, he gets a kill, at best, he sticks around and wastes two or three minutes trying to get you while your carry sneak sup behind him and hands him his cloak and wizards hat.

ThatRandomGuy

11-29-2009

I am coming out from lurking just to let you know that I think this guide is a MFing amazing piece of writing.

banduan

11-30-2009

I was skeptical of this until I saw my lane-mate Cho get an awesome rare-drop 10% Atk Spd BF Sword from just a Mundo kill. By the end of the match he had MF on max but didn't have time to kill Baron (LAWL guaranteed Unique) before the game ended.

I wonder though whether MF really does stack or if it's actually diminishing returns.

What?

Dopex

11-30-2009

Well this guide seems to be the perfectly normal way to play Cho'Gath. I never get a Regrowth Pendant first, though. If you last hit well you won't need it. Get basic boots instead to harass and put some physical damage into your enemies after you ruptured them. I usually buy three pots, too. You need them sometimes.

As for the rest of your guide, I went this way for quite a while until I discovered the AP/CD reduction Cho'Gath. If you're soloing mid, you should be able to afford Nashors Tooth at around lvl 8, earlier if you manage to get an early Flash/Feast kill. Get yourself the Brilliance Elixir while you're at it and your Feast will be ready every 36 seconds. AP is good for every ability you have including vorpal so I'm going for a Soulstealer after Warmog's. After this I usually get Rylai's.

Give it a try. If you're doing things correclty and if you're allowed to go solo mid you should be dominating the game. If you are with decent teammates (meaning teammates who don't feed) you should be able to easily get like 20 kills a game.

Works for me with almost every enemy champ on center lane. Ashe or Zilean are my favorite enemies, they are squishy and I mostly get 1-2 kills before hitting level 6. Mundo can be a pain at center lane, it is hard to kill him early on. But you still should be able to keep him from getting gold.

My Item build:

- Boots, 3 pots
- Nashors Tooth (if you can't afford it, get Fiendish Codex first)
- Ninja Tabi or Mercury
- Warmog's
- Soulstealer
- Rylai's

Get an Elixir of Brilliance every time you're at the shop after you got Nashors. With Cho'Gath on center lane you really don't have any money problems. If your buff is running out and you don't have another Elixir ready, get the Golem buff. But don't depend on him too much, as your other teammates will probably need the buff more than you do.

Well that's it. Sorry for my English. Try the CD Cho'Gath, have fun.