[guide] The MFing Cho'Gath

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MajorChipHazzard

11-25-2009

What are your thoughts on rod of ages?

I usually build cho like

Rod of Ages
Boots of Swiftness
Rod of Ages
Force of Nature
More tank stuff

Your spells are going to hit for 100 damage more per cast, and you're going to basically have the same ending health as warmogs-stacking chogath (a lot)

Also if your enemies buy madred's bloodrazors lategame you can switch to AP after the force of nature and not be worthless like 2x warmog cho will be in this situation.

I can't think of any reason to take Warmog's over RoA.

condon

11-25-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorChipHazzard View Post
What are your thoughts on rod of ages?

I usually build cho like

Rod of Ages
Boots of Swiftness
Rod of Ages
Force of Nature
More tank stuff

Your spells are going to hit for 100 damage more per cast, and you're going to basically have the same ending health as warmogs-stacking chogath (a lot)

Also if your enemies buy madred's bloodrazors lategame you can switch to AP after the force of nature and not be worthless like 2x warmog cho will be in this situation.

I can't think of any reason to take Warmog's over RoA.
Because you get 500 more health and all the regen with the warmogs, and the ages don't kick in fully for fifteen minutes. Fifteen minutes you could be kicking around with a million health and putting your MFing Cho'Gath peen in all the wrong holes.

Also, AP is for pussies. Those are not MFing Cho'Gath items. If you want that kind of pansy ass robe and wizard hat bull****, you should not attempt to play the MFing Cho'Gath, and should probably stick to ryze, or HKO.

Aurax

11-26-2009

I LOL' ed with this guy, I guess is the best written guide I have ever seen, hahahaha

I specially liked the idea of being a "disrupting tank" and the fact that you can "carry your team to victory" without actually getting a lot of kills. Not all the players have this sense of selfsacrifice and "big picture perspective". I will try this build, even if I am very happy with the (girly) AP Choggy :-)

Cheers!

Suisidol

11-26-2009

I just found this one hilarious! I haven't even read a fraction of it...but all the references to MFing Cho'gath are GREAT! Write more!

Chiquihuite

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-26-2009

This made my day

11/10 guide. First thing I do when I unlock Flash is playing Cho'Gath.

Xirus

11-26-2009

This is quite similar to my build, but I start with rupture at level one and go with a meki pendant/build chalice right off the bat. Thoughts on that?

Oh, question two: Why do you solo mid? I find that I become pretty unstoppable even if I have a lanemate, so wouldn't it be better to let someone else solo mid who actually needs the xp?

Waves

11-26-2009

When you play as the MFing Cho'Gath, you better not be sitting back, you had best be in their face twenty four seven. At the end of the game, your psy/mag dmg taken better look like this:

http://img16.imageshack.us/img16/481...gathpysdmg.jpg
http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1663/...gathmagdmg.jpg

Depending on the other team you had best have a WELL KEPT lead in either the psy or mag damage taken compartment (or both), brushing the edges of the chart (if its a late game) otherwise your not doing your job as the MFing Cho'Gath.

condon

11-26-2009

@Xirus Excellent question. When playing the MFing Cho'Gath, you put yourself in great danger of taking harassment shots and even a tower shot or two, so the extra regen helps. You should be getting enough last hits on creep *That is, all the last hits, barring one or two a wave* to regain mana for rupture when its up. Keep in mind this build does NOT use scream early, so it's not as mana intensive as the pansy ass "Stick it in me big strong Mr. Real man" AP Cho'Gath builds.

As for the solo, it has a few purposes: You're getting big faster than your team mates. Both meta big, and actual "Holy **** half my screen is chitinous doom" big. This is key, as you want to be able to tower dive and eat people alive before they even get their ults.

Second, you get to directly **** with their carry, for the most part. Remember: If you're doing it right *That is, making them run around screaming and getting maybe one or two kills a wave* you absolutely cripple their middle lane character.

Third: The MFing Cho'Gath does what the MFing Cho'Gath wants. If he wants to eat your dinner and **** your sister, you say "Of course sir yes sir right away sir" and you go him her some MFing lube so she can walk within the month.

Fourth: You draw a lot more hate in mid, pulling characters from side lanes to waste time trying to gank you early on when their carry complains. If they have to go all the way to the other end of the map, they may be hesitant and thus spend more time farming and less time being afraid of the MFing Cho'Gath.

@Waves, I like the theory, but really, you don't need to actually take all the damage. You just need to make sure your allies don't. Having the enemy team run and split off so your team can clean them up one by one is much more effective than standing and taking five ults in the teeth because they think they can actually kill you. (Hint: They can't. You're the MFing Cho'Gath)

Remember! The both of you! The key is pants-****ting mommy-calling terror! You want them on the run, you want them to turn and burn when they hear rupture, and you want them to completely ignore your allies if you're around because they A) Can't see viegar sneaking around under your character model, and B) are more worried about you eating them whole even though they're at their tower because you don't give a ****. You are the MFing Cho'Gath.

Suisidol

11-26-2009

If you read his post using the voice of Mojo Jojo from The Powerpuff Girls in your head...it's absolutely hilarious!

n3rdychick

11-26-2009

OMG this is the same build I use, and it is so much fun. You're hilarious btw, I keep thinking of your quotes now when I play Cho. A+++++ guide.