[guide] The MFing Cho'Gath

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Milskidasith

01-12-2010

A teemo with executioners calling doesn't really hard counter the MFing Cho'gath. While it does significantly reduce the extra health you get from last hitting, you can still kill with rupture or at your tower to get to full health when executioners isn't procced.

Ivaro

01-12-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalarix View Post
I'd like to know exactly how much it does so when I go to eat the dragon I don't waste time :-p
It can do up to 1000 damage to any creep/minion at any rank.

Disdasdefa

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-12-2010

*claps* Bravo OP. You have captured the fear of Jesse Perring playing on the opposing team into your guide.

Wicked Trident

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-13-2010

funny as hell, great guide, though like someone else said, ima apply it to my other tank since i dont have the MF'ing cho'gath

Iselia

01-13-2010

Dear Mr. Condon,

I would like to hereby, henceforth and whole-heartedly commend you on this guide. It took me a few games to truly become one with the MFing Cho'Gath, but at last it has happened. Merrily, I waddle through lanes, inspiring fear, screams and the occasional trail of urine in my wake. And what an impressively large wake it is. Even my epeen does not compare to this, the MFing Cho'Gath.

Sincerely, Isel

PS: Yi tastes extra good. Omnomnom.

AsherZaine

01-15-2010

Condon I saw someone that made a taric guide that fails and he thinks he can make a guide like you but really cant the only way his guide could own is if he had a mfin chogath giving him rupture feast kills.

Porpoise Trainer

01-16-2010

lol i played this and got a triple kill within the first 30 seconds

XyKCyro

01-16-2010

Hey can i ask what type of runes should i get for Cho?

FeLpZ

01-16-2010

what do you think of getting ph+frozen mallet? seems to help a lot for me

Aetherine

01-17-2010

Hi. My name is Aetherine. And I play a MFing Cho'Gath. I inspire dread in my enemies, reverence from my allies, and pant-wetting screams from everything else on the field.

I've been playing around with a few different builds for the MFing Cho'Gath, trying to see if there's any way of improving on the BEES! feeling which inevitably comes from encountering something as large as your tower.

Far as I can tell, movement slowing effects really aren't THAT important for your MFing Cho'Gath. While they certainly help you chase someone down and get the hurt on them, you're generally not aiming to use the MFing Cho'Gath in a way that's strict PKing. Minions leave trails of urine and feces in their pants at the thought of you; players are supposed to see you wreck that line of minions and understand that they are next on the menu.

So how does movement slowing now rank that high on your list of Things To Use To Eat Other People With? Well, you're not an assassin. The MFing Cho'Gath is built and intended to be the tank for an encounter, and as such you're generally right there in the front hitting things while your allies flank and make nasty in the back of the buffet while you start with the BEES IN YOUR FACE! at the front.

I've also found a couple of nice things so far that help, and I figure I'll share my thoughts with them on their appropriate usage (the Warmog's is there so I don' have to keep pointing at it with other links);

• Warmog's Armor is the ultimate in making the enemy cry. Let's understand what you get out of it with full stacks, and why it makes you a MFing Cho'Gath. After getting your max stacks going you're looking at 1220 HP and 92.5 HP/5. Add that to the 900 max health you get from Feast, and you're sitting on enough HP to wreck everyone's ****.
    The foundation of the MFing Cho'Gath. Warmog's Armor gets 5/5 Noms.
  • Berserker's Greaves are the BEST thing you can do for yourself after you get your first Warmog's Armor. It's good movement speed, but the 25% bonus attack speed will help you a LOT with any mid-game creeping you do. It's not common to aim for attack speed items as a MFing Cho'Gath, but in this case it works to your advantage.
    Unless you absolutely need another specific form of movement speed? They get 4/5 Noms.
  • Leviathan ain't bad. Playing the MFing Cho'Gath correctly, you're looking at a 1675 gold investment for some damage reduction (that's FLAT damage reduction mind you!) and 180 health with an additional 640 at full stacks.
    Right up there with Warmog's Armor. The Leviathan gets a solid 4/5 noms.
  • Sunfire Cape makes me cry. It's expensive and fluffy; being point-blank area of effect (PBAoE) means that it won't get nearly the same range as you may be used to with your Vorpal Spikes; and in all honesty you're looking at a tiny bit of health and armor compared to the same amount of money invested in something beefy.
    Only for when you've got cash to burn or if you're in that experimental phase of your MF Cho'Gathuality. The cape gets 1/5 Noms.