[guide] The MFing Cho'Gath

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

killd0zer

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2009

Besides arguing, its a great guide, I recommend it to all the Cho Gath players i beat. One of the advantages is people are used to AP chogath, and think early that he is no threat, or simply havn't played against him at all. So they play loosely. I love when another Mfing Cho gath player gets the side lane, and then eaten.

One of the best parts is when they taunt you after you die, followed by a quick snack of them and their ego. It is pretty hard to get a team with feeders, and lots of stunners.

You play an important team role, in if you have a good dps team, a well times rupture is an instant kill. Flash->Feast->Scream->Rupture is amazing out of the brush, but worse after the patch update on flash.

SwampZero

12-12-2009

Hm...

ALL hp and armor items got both stats nerfed by 10% in test server, as well as leviathan had a further nerf, and a small buff to thornmail just as an exception.

This means that HP is harder to get, which is probably a big buff to cho'gath because he can still chill at 5k hp easily.

Sunobius

Recruiter

12-12-2009

First Mr. Smartypants condon, let me start off by saying thanks. You offer some good insight here, and I like that. It makes me respect you. Want you, even? We'll save that for another time. This guide, while a fantastically entertaining read, shed a light on a hero who suits my play style perfectly. I won't say I am able to flawlessly execute some of the strategies you've highlighted here, because that would not only be arrogant, but also a gross understatement. I rock that ****.

Onto business, however. Did they hotfix vorpal spikes so that they actually do pull tower hate now? Maybe I've just been going braindeadedly (actual word, weird) ******ed on multiple instances, but it seems when I press some tasty chump back to his tower and hit his next front line of creeps, if a spike nicks him I start getting focused. Not to say this is necessarily a bad thing, because it makes it rather easy to bait them into a rupture munch, but I feel it is something worth mention or discussion, so that people don't lose focus and get splattered like that tower is a windshield travelling at 65 miles per hour and you're, well, a bug.

condon

12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunobius View Post
First Mr. Smartypants condon, let me start off by saying thanks. You offer some good insight here, and I like that. It makes me respect you. Want you, even? We'll save that for another time. This guide, while a fantastically entertaining read, shed a light on a hero who suits my play style perfectly. I won't say I am able to flawlessly execute some of the strategies you've highlighted here, because that would not only be arrogant, but also a gross understatement. I rock that ****.

Onto business, however. Did they hotfix vorpal spikes so that they actually do pull tower hate now? Maybe I've just been going braindeadedly (actual word, weird) ******ed on multiple instances, but it seems when I press some tasty chump back to his tower and hit his next front line of creeps, if a spike nicks him I start getting focused. Not to say this is necessarily a bad thing, because it makes it rather easy to bait them into a rupture munch, but I feel it is something worth mention or discussion, so that people don't lose focus and get splattered like that tower is a windshield travelling at 65 miles per hour and you're, well, a bug.
Indeed you are correct, vorpal spikes DO proc tower hate, I misspoke in my original post, and I mentioned something of the sort a few pages back. I meant to infer that rupture/spikes are much easier to lay damage on without drawing tower hate than scream, either by use of intelligent angles, tweaky distances, or dropping rupture and then moving. Remember kids: Rupture, Time bomb, and other delayed abilities only proc tower hate when they connect, not when they are placed. Gives you plenty of time to dance around and hit more minions. Also, I like to take a few tower hits once in a while, so the enemy can watch my health chunk back up to fill in one minion wave, and lose their will to harass/hope to live.

Sunobius

Recruiter

12-12-2009

Duly noted. I should have probably waded through the numerous pages of replies and witty commentary, but **** that, reading is hard.

Additionally, though I can say I have no problems using it effectively and tactically, is the hit box on rupture off? Numerous times while having my opponents run around the mid lane I will lead a rupture on them that they appear to be graphically hit by, not dead center mind you,but still anally violated by perimeter spikes. I have a hard time chalking this up to latency cause I have NetZero quality or better internets and I hear everybody in the AOL chat rooms say its the best. I also know how inaccurate some other graphics are, Blitzcrank's tricky grab and Janna's whirlwinds which by some ****ing force unknown manage to knock me up even when I'm **** near a flash range (new flash, not old flash) outside the graphic. A bit ranty, yes, but I'm easily perturbed.

Also, thoughts on rally as a summoner spell? Its only real utility is early game and still situational at best, but I find it useful on the opening wave to get rupture that much faster and make my mid presence known while my opponent is trying to show me how big his balls are. It really sets the pace and I usually just end up walking over their first tower by level 6 or 7 when they call for their level 4 backup and I start a juggling act in the center ring of the face **** circus. Cho'Gath is a self sustained rape machine anyway, so operating without teleport or flash one is feasible and reasonable if it means gimping the opposing team that hard in the early phase.

condon

12-12-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunobius View Post
Duly noted. I should have probably waded through the numerous pages of replies and witty commentary, but **** that, reading is hard.

Additionally, though I can say I have no problems using it effectively and tactically, is the hit box on rupture off? Numerous times while having my opponents run around the mid lane I will lead a rupture on them that they appear to be graphically hit by, not dead center mind you,but still anally violated by perimeter spikes. I have a hard time chalking this up to latency cause I have NetZero quality or better internets and I hear everybody in the AOL chat rooms say its the best. I also know how inaccurate some other graphics are, Blitzcrank's tricky grab and Janna's whirlwinds which by some ****ing force unknown manage to knock me up even when I'm **** near a flash range (new flash, not old flash) outside the graphic. A bit ranty, yes, but I'm easily perturbed.

Also, thoughts on rally as a summoner spell? Its only real utility is early game and still situational at best, but I find it useful on the opening wave to get rupture that much faster and make my mid presence known while my opponent is trying to show me how big his balls are. It really sets the pace and I usually just end up walking over their first tower by level 6 or 7 when they call for their level 4 backup and I start a juggling act in the center ring of the face **** circus. Cho'Gath is a self sustained rape machine anyway, so operating without teleport or flash one is feasible and reasonable if it means gimping the opposing team that hard in the early phase.
I think rally is most likely wasted, as you dont need the regen and your phys damage isn't anything to write home about. The threat of Cho'Gath porting in is crazy. You'll start to see people running whenever they hear the port sound when you get rolling.

zanitonium

12-14-2009

This build works great!

My main characters are eve, tryn, TF, and some Yi so i'm used to being super squishy yet own 3 or 4 champs in a row, my team started complaining that I never play tank so I found this guide, bought Cho, and off I went!

The things i like:

Not 100% reliant on having a good early game; even if you get no kills and die once you're still pretty beastly around level 12ish unlike all the characters i've played before.

If your early game is good, everyone will **** their pants. Most games where I do well early game, I do exceptionally well late game, normally not netting more than 1 or 2 deaths. If i avoid dying till I get warmogs and guardian angel, i probably won't die, period. Last game I played I took mid, was level 14 and my opponents were level 9ish, I was 5 stories big they couldn't put a dent in me, ****ing love it.

You're still able to gank someone successfully doing no damage with constant rupture harassment and a final devour. Pretty ****. I can see why people say AP is something to look into with Cho but only rarely do people get away from me once they commit.

Flash Devour. nuff said.

Late game when I have most of my items if I start walking towards anything my team instinctively follows me, i think Cho is more about morale and fear tactics than anything else, people love this guy.

Things I don't like: I switched the boots out for boots of switftness, thinking about moving up to boots of mobility, this ****er is slow.

Other than that, this is such a refreshing change of pace and is a **** ton of fun, I actually wanted to play as Cho to see what his weakness' are and I came away with....

??? nothing ???

No wonder I was always scared ****less of him..

condon

12-14-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by zanitonium View Post
Things I don't like: I switched the boots out for boots of switftness, thinking about moving up to boots of mobility, this ****er is slow.

Other than that, this is such a refreshing change of pace and is a **** ton of fun, I actually wanted to play as Cho to see what his weakness' are and I came away with....

??? nothing ???

No wonder I was always scared ****less of him..
Two points:

Slow is scary. Where I do like swiftness, mobility seems like a waste end game because you're generally tanking a tower/carry/unfortunately ******ed caster and don't get much call for running across the map.

He does have weaknesses, to be sure, but most people don't seem to understand that the best way to counter him is to try and avoid him. His greatest strength is disruption. He can deny you creep kills by pushing you to the tower, he can keep you out of a lane just by being there, and he can make you run back to base at half health for fear of a rupture/feast. If you understand that thats what he WANTS, then you can work around it, if you've got the cajones.

Blakbeanie

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-22-2009

Condon, how can I be more like and in turn become closer to you?

Signed, Cho'gothchick
P.S. Your guides make me hot. When I used this Cho'Gath build my opponents say "you're bad." Why do people lie to me?

condon

12-22-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakbeanie View Post
Condon, how can I be more like and in turn become closer to you?
Signed, Cho'gothchick
P.S. Your guides make me hot. When I used this Cho'Gath build my opponents say "you're bad." Why do people lie to me?
I can not reveal my current location or cocktail of medications because of the large bounty on my genitalia, however, addressing your issue of harassment, most people find plenty of time to flame and scream when they have a death timer and are currently trying to pick their bits out of your teeth.