[guide] The MFing Cho'Gath

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

LilJP

12-04-2009

since they nerfed flash in the patch would it still be a better idea to get that over ghost?
also nice guide this is the ONLY reason i'm going to play the mfing cho'gath

condon

12-04-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilJP View Post
since they nerfed flash in the patch would it still be a better idea to get that over ghost?
also nice guide this is the ONLY reason i'm going to play the mfing cho'gath
I still use it, but I have a ****** for flash-feast. And now that it stops objects in flight, it's useful for tower diving, when you get used to it. Remember, its a key THEN click now. I'd rather it stayed instant, personally.

EDIT: They filter Ha rd on. Seriously guys. I may talk like a sailor at an NRA meeting, but come the **** on.

Proletaria

12-04-2009

I've had a lot of fun switching to ghost and I can still run up and eat players hiding behind a tower fairly well (once i have the hp to take a half dozen pot shots from the blasted thing). Big disadvantage of ghost is being slowed. I loved flash for jumping treelines and making a sick get-away. I've probably suffered quite a number of deaths due to this when i should have had a perfect game, but meh, it's easy enough to adjust no matter which skill you're using. Ghost for booking into a team fight and eating the squishy target. Flash for pushing your own lane and jumping the trees when the whole opposing team comes down to pay you a visit.

Ressa

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by condon View Post
I will admit there are a couple heroes that end up being a problem, but only early on. Sivir (Until you learn how to read her boomerang shots), Annie (Watch for the early nuke FB, **** is not cool), and Kat (Shunpo makes rupture really, really difficult to land, and the bouncing dagger is annoying as all sin.) Anyone can be a problem, if they have the skills.

If you really think it will help more to get scream early, get a rank of it. Just be more careful with your mana. You'll be more defensible, but less with the lane control. I for one prefer to play aggressive and loose with Cho'Gath, so I almost always opt for the chained ruptures.
Allow me to be more succint.

You should have at least 1 rank of scream by the time Katarina or Nunu are level 6.

You NEED at least 1 rank of scream by the time Katarina or Nunu are level 11. If they ult and you do not have scream ready to interrupt them, your team is in a very bad position.

if you do not have at least 1 rank of scream then you will not be able to pop banshee veils in order to land ruptures, rather you will require a teammate to do so for you.

if their team has no Katarina, Nunu, or to a lesser degree, fiddlesticks, then w/e I guess 1 rank of scream is not THAT important.

Lemt

12-05-2009

Yes, you need to adapt to your enemies. If Nunu/Amumu/Kat or any other channeler is in your lane, get scream at level 5. If they are leveling up faster than you, then get scream earlier even, so you'll have it ready when they get their ult.
But those are a few exceptions.

Razael

12-05-2009

Most awesome guide ever written, hands down. You shall be known henceforth as the MFing Condon!

I tried the guide a few times and on the three times I was able to solo mid (I play pugs, don't crucify me), I ended up against 2 Kats and a Teemo. I ate them. A lot. So much they spent the rest of the game trying to make up for a really, really ****py start. I also ate most of the other champions, but I made sure I ate those that were paired up with me at the beggining the most. Keeps them in their place. AND IN MAH BELLY!

The one that gave me the hardest time was Teemo. And he was easy. The Kats, I thought, were pretty easy. You don't really need to aim your ruptures if you're playing against a Kat because they'll willingly teleport to a predictable place, aka RIGHT BESIDES YOU. If you see her coming to shunpo you, just lay a rupture right below you and they'll port, hit you and get flung in the air. They start learning that you are the MFing Cho'Gath, they start loosing their agressiveness and revert to just hanging around the tower. And Bob's your uncle.

Of course, I might just have been lucky, but they didn't seem bad players. I guess they were pretty surprised to find a Cho soloing mid and that they couldn't beat it. One of the Kats even asked in all chat if Cho had a health draining ability of some sorts. Whatever harassment she gives you, you can be sure to be able to regen it off if you keep last hitting.

Just my two cents :P

EDIT: And I only got Scream after the other two were maxed. Never felt like I needed it. The MFing Cho'Gath is not a deeps. He's the MFing Cho'Gath.

Kalledon

12-05-2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by killd0zer View Post
but ap is ****, why do 200 extra damage per spell, when you can have 2-4k extra hp? you compleatly ignore the "if they kill me, then i have to wait 6min for feast to cooldown for ful size" with health Cho, you die less often, and then if/when you do die, you arnt ****ed up when you respawn.
AP also buff's Vorpals damage. So not only are you buffing your burst damage from Rupture and Feast, but you're also increase your auto attack damage. And I've never found it difficult to rebuild feast count unless you're trapped in your own base. And in that scenario you've got other problems.

Maal

12-05-2009

Ahhh tanky chogath, good times.

Thornmail do so much wonders against a dps team. I remember a well feeded tryda with full stack of bloodlust. His health was dropping faster than my own even if i was only auto attacking with no dps items. When he noticed that he was going to kill himself in a few secondes from pure damage return he used his ult. I was saving silence and knockup just for it, then i've om nom nomed him.

Drizz

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-05-2009

i still like MF Sorc better for baal runs

condon

12-05-2009

I miss flash. **** leviathan.

Thus concludes Condon's thoughts on the new patch.

PS. Udyr is tasty.