I don't care what you think; Staind IS an emo band

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Deconstructor32

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibalung View Post
both aren't that good, but staind is a no name awful band whereas MCR is (was) super freaking popular for about a year.

I'm of the belief that's there's no "bad" music, just music i don't like. I don't like either of them though lol
Staind was huge in the early 2000s. They have multiple songs that still get regular radio rotation to this day and still have a pretty big following. Not saying they are good, but they are by no means "no-name". At their height they were probably bigger than MCR ever was.

c4lm

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibalung View Post
Campir doesn't know a lot of things, that's pretty much his... raison d'etre. To make either A) baseless comments and pass them off as opinions or B) to make shallow minded comments and still pass them off as opinions.
I know pretty much everything of importance.

For instance, I know that nobody will respect a grown ass man that spends his free time ordering girl-cartoon shirts.

I also know MCR was a band popularized by wannabe emo kids from the burbs. I guess that makes them super awesome.

I mean, what kind of musical expert wouldn't label a bad band as good based on how popular they were in 2005.

Kroda13

12-12-2012

MCR and Staind are both **** bands so who cares. Metal is all that matters!

Legomasta

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroda13 View Post
Hi, welcome to OT. Can we be best friends?

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campir View Post
I don't know any of these terrible bands
Then how in the world do you know they are terrible?

coheedrocks72

02-22-2013

Does anybody here actually know any "emo" bands here? geez. Sunny day real estate, Hot cross, Circle Takes the square,

Emo was a sub-genre of punk that relied on more emotional, heartfelt lyrics and sometimes simple or chaotic music. The lyrics were poetic and dense. No MCR is not emo, Staind is NOT EMO. Ive heard people call TBS emo. NO THEY ARE NOT, thats pop punk, whiny, easy to understand, made for the masses "punk".

Thats what my definition of it has evolved over the years into though.

coheedrocks72

02-22-2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kroda13 View Post
Oh and metal is amazing, my favorite genre.

WhoopsiGoldburg

02-23-2013

I have to up bump this sorry thread just so I can be an elitist. Every band I've seen mentioned is not "emo" it's watered down industry pop punk garbage that got popularized by scene kids as the new emo. "emo" has a wide variety of styles that have come and gone, some if it just straight up hardcore punk with emotion hence "emo" like all the bands that arose during the summer of revolution in '85. rites of spring, embrace, moss icon, nation of ulysses

From this umbrella of bands came the 2nd wave of emo which took less inspiration from hardcore punk and I guess you could say had a more "indie" edge for lack of a better term. christie front drive, mineral, american football, cap n jazz, boys life, park jefferson. I don't really agree with the distinction of waves as most emotive hardcore bands draw influences from numerous sources mainly citing hardcore punk and mathrock.
Anyways since I'll get a tl;dr by some ****** who praises watered down industry bands I will say...

TL;DR: Everyone has misconceptions about what the genre of music is due to the media attention all the scene **** got and the music that was popular in the mid 00's.