I don't care what you think; Staind IS an emo band

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Thane Soren

Recruiter

12-12-2012

The mood of their music clearly depicts this. Sure they have some solid rock music, but like any good band (and make no mistake; Staind is a great band) they branch out a little.

They are mostly an emo band and there's really nothing wrong with that.

There's a kind of lame/wannabe emo like MCR and there's total emotionally seeping and depressing music like Staind. So don't say Staind shouldn't be emo just because of bands like MCR.

Opinions?

Einheria Valesti

12-12-2012

Staind is anything but good music and MCR isn't emo, they hate being labelled as emo. "The black parade" is the only album they have that could be considered "emo" but its a conceptual album where each song tells a piece of a larger story, in this case it's one mans death at the start then his life leading up to what kills him, through the album it's explained that he has cancer and he has numerous regrets that're directly caused by his outlook on life.

Also it can be argued that MCR is a "better" band and more popular simply because of how insanely popular they were when i was in high school 5 years ago.
Staind is destined to be a subpar band that kids like more because they're not popular than enjoying the actual music itself

Deconstructor32

12-12-2012

If you are calling a band emo based on lyrics and mood of their songs, then emo would be by far the biggest music genre. Probably 1/2 of country musicians would be emo.

ShadowDark

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-12-2012

OP asks for opinions.
Downvotes opinions.

I don't know what the big deal is with trying to label music as one type or another. You either like it or you don't. There's no reason to get mad at other people because they don't share the same tastes as you.

c4lm

12-12-2012

I don't know any of these terrible bands

Deconstructor32

12-12-2012

Then how do you know they are terrible?

Einheria Valesti

12-12-2012

Campir doesn't know a lot of things, that's pretty much his... raison d'etre. To make either A) baseless comments and pass them off as opinions or B) to make shallow minded comments and still pass them off as opinions.

In simpler terms you could call it trolling.

Deconstructor32

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nibalung View Post
Campir doesn't know a lot of things, that's pretty much his... raison d'etre. To make either A) baseless comments and pass them off as opinions or B) to make shallow minded comments and still pass them off as opinions.

In simpler terms you could call it trolling.
Well in his defense, they are pretty terrible.

At least MCR is. Staind is ok.

Einheria Valesti

12-12-2012

both aren't that good, but staind is a no name awful band whereas MCR is (was) super freaking popular for about a year.

I'm of the belief that's there's no "bad" music, just music i don't like. I don't like either of them though lol

the flail

12-12-2012

Never heard of Staind. MCR was fun for a while, but I almost feel like "The Black Parade" did them in. Of course, I'm far off the pop/rock chart trends at this point. Did anyone else not know who or what Justin Bieber was until he was already topping charts?