Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

Rename Slay Belle Katarina to Anime Katarina

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aexalven

12-12-2012

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-kYEdTOJq3jQ/UMgUg4IHkJI/AAAAAAAALl8/McdYywuo-8E/s1600/Katarina_Splash_7.jpg

Are you serious? The eyes seem to be blurred and they are HUGE.
I suppose Katie de Sousa did the splash as well as for the new Nidalee and new Vi, but they have more "Kata face" than Katarina herself.

Kitten Katari

12-12-2012

Seriously you people are never happy. They are christmas skins that are limited edition. You don't like them then don't buy them. But a year or two down the track when you are like "Oh geeze I wish I didn't B**ch about that and bought it cause now I can't get it" don't blame riot or the community. Blame yourself cause you were to busy complaining about her recall or her eyes in a splash art that can only be seen on the loading screen or her orange hair...

Aexalven

12-12-2012

<Confession bear>

I actually buy skin for their splashes too

If model sucks i always hope splash will be worth it.

Im lost anyway, i have to buy her if i want to have complete collection of her skin. But shame i will never use it. I will stick to red card for a joke skin and High command for serious one.

PS
Pls, more serious skins for Katarina. Crimson elite wHERE?

Salty Otter

12-12-2012

I feel like this splash wasn't done by Katie, and I don't like to complain about splash arts, but this one looks like it was done at a half-assed attempt... Comparing this with the newer splash arts, this might as well be an old one :/. Also the angle of the blade is wrong looking at how the hand is holding it... Minor things..but please fix it... and her face doesn't look like the sexy and badass Katarina we all know her as.

Aexalven

12-12-2012

I think it was done by her, im judging by the white spot on the nose and the style of the eyes but i may be wrong.

Amelie

12-12-2012

It does look slightly unpolished. The long red ribbon flying off on the left is a bit shaky and could be smoothed out (doesn't matter much though). And yes, her eyes - mainly the iris - could be a little sharper or more distinct from the whites. But no, I wouldn't call it anime at all... I rather like this splash art.