Does Riot has favoritism to Pro players

Yes 55 49.11%
No 62 55.36%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 112. You may not vote on this poll

Riot has favoritism

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

adc

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Master Recruiter

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10thVangola View Post
True but the fact he gets special treatment or the fact that i did more research and found out he is only banned for 1 year. So after a year he "might" still use verbal abuse and racist slurs.
No, he's banned from tournament play for one year. I'd be very surprised if they unbanned his account. They'll probably make him start over again on a new account and alias and allow him to play on that.

I also imagine most people get banned for different amounts of things. I bet you another player who was perm banned probably took 5, or 7 warnings. It's probably about the severity of the offenses and how often they all.

Also, he's a pro player for their game. Of course he's going to get special treatment you ****ing moron.

10thVangola

12-12-2012

Considering the fact it took him 9 times to get permaban while other people, like i said take about 3-6 bans to get permaban.

Doesnt matter if he is a pro player or not. And yes its Riot game i understand still doesnt consider the fact that there "Tribunal" System is broken and is showing favoritism to the pro players.

In any court system or ANY tribunal system "Precedent" can be used to make a case. Doesnt matter if hes a pro or not.

Say you are in jail for murder and in for 35 years and the death penalty. Tom Cruise shoots someone in the head at Burger king killing him for no reason. He is trialed for murder gets 15 years. You can bring up you're case "if you found out" and use Precedent on that matter cause you did the exact same thing he did. Shot someone in the face and killed him for no reason. Tom Cruise gets the same thing you got. 35 years and the death penalty.

My point is Riot is breaking rules on this matter. There is another word Precedent that is used in

programming cases (Games) i will try to remember it.

LogicalTautology

12-12-2012

Quote:
Considering the fact it took him 9 times to get permaban while other people, like i said take about 3-6 bans to get permaban.

Doesnt matter if he is a pro player or not. And yes its Riot game i understand still doesnt consider the fact that there "Tribunal" System is broken and is showing favoritism to the pro players.

In any court system or ANY tribunal system "Precedent" can be used to make a case. Doesnt matter if hes a pro or not.

Say you are in jail for murder and in for 35 years and the death penalty. Tom Cruise shoots someone in the head at Burger king killing him for no reason. He is trialed for murder gets 15 years. You can bring up you're case "if you found out" and use Precedent on that matter cause you did the exact same thing he did. Shot someone in the face and killed him for no reason. Tom Cruise gets the same thing you got. 35 years and the death penalty.

My point is Riot is breaking rules on this matter. There is another word Precedent that is used in

programming cases (Games) i will try to remember it.
I strongly suggest that you either study law, or even watch some basic courtroom drama TV. Even the slightest exposure to the criminal justice system and you will learn that it is incredibly routine for the prosecutors to make generous plea bargains with rich and/or influential people.
In your specific example, I would be very surprised if Tom Cruise did not get to plead down to a lesser charge (Manslaughter, for instance), even though if I did the same thing the only plea offer on the table would be Murder in the Second Degree.

Daerkannon

12-12-2012

Quote:
This really is in the wrong area (it should be posted in the Tribunal area IMO), but I'm going to answer it anyway.

The tribunal system uses, among other things, tiers of punishments. I'm sure you're familiar with this as you went through the whole warning and increasing severity of bans thing. However what you either don't know or seem to be forgetting is that your tier can decrease over time. While they haven't (and probably will never tell us) how long it takes for your ban tier to decrease it is not inconceivable for someone to clean up their act for a few months, have their ban tier lowered and then start re-offending, thus racking up new bans and going back up the ladder.

So no, I don't see any favouritism here. What I see is someone who periodically cleaned up their act, but then fell back into old habits and eventually got himself perma-banned. Riot even said that his toxic activity increased by 30% in the time leaded up to his perma-ban.

Edit: It has also been mentioned that among the highest elo players it is less common for people to be reported for toxic behaviour. You can make your own wild guesses about this, but I'd guess it's because they all play each other so much no one wants to be "that guy".

10thVangola

12-12-2012

Like i said in the past and said to riot. Being banned for telling someone to please stop trolling and his premade is also with him trolling. In a ranked game? Real.

But since i asked other team to please report them as you can see they are just feeding. Most of them said yes, and keep in mind i only asked once. And then 2 enemy players "Na were just going to report you" just like that by asking once to please report because they are both feeding intentionally. But nope i get a reported "Banned" i see by who the 2 troll premade, and the 2 enemy players. So ya i did clean up my act when i got banned. Cause those were mostly being aggressive d*** who would talk trash. then i cleaned up my act by asking them to stop nicely but yet still get reported and it goes through.

Anyways ya they give you chances to clean up youre act.

This also bring up another topic. Transfers. I heard many players who got permabanned where able to get all there skins back into a new account. So i sent a email to riot they said

"My apologies for your frustration, I can understand your position. Unfortunately, at this time policy prevents me from granting your request. I apologize for any inconvenience. It’s true that we have sometimes granted exceptions to our policies in the past, but these are rare and special circumstances. I can’t provide details about why another summoner may have received an exception, as that would be a violation of their privacy."

I also find this to favoritism and unfair. who are those " rare and special " players who get the transfer? Pros? Co-workers? Again the system of the way riot does things i consider it being broken and unfair to many players.

Grollm

12-12-2012

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2852824

This should answer all your tribunal questions. You have to do a lot of **** to get permabanned. I used to be a SUPER toxic player. I got banned for 1 week and I'm become a better influence in the League community. And literally after having a ragefest on someone for feeding or throwing the game or whatever, I would look back and be like, "How the HELL am I not banned yet? Haha." Like you literally have to get reported at least once every 9 out of 10 games to even go to the tribunal and I can't even imagine what you have to do to get permabanned.

LogicalTautology

12-12-2012

Quote:
Like i said in the past and said to riot. Being banned for telling someone to please stop trolling and his premade is also with him trolling. In a ranked game? Real.

But since i asked other team to please report them as you can see they are just feeding. Most of them said yes, and keep in mind i only asked once. And then 2 enemy players "Na were just going to report you" just like that by asking once to please report because they are both feeding intentionally. But nope i get a reported "Banned" i see by who the 2 troll premade, and the 2 enemy players. So ya i did clean up my act when i got banned. Cause those were mostly being aggressive d*** who would talk trash. then i cleaned up my act by asking them to stop nicely but yet still get reported and it goes through.

Anyways ya they give you chances to clean up youre act.

This also bring up another topic. Transfers. I heard many players who got permabanned where able to get all there skins back into a new account. So i sent a email to riot they said

"My apologies for your frustration, I can understand your position. Unfortunately, at this time policy prevents me from granting your request. I apologize for any inconvenience. Itís true that we have sometimes granted exceptions to our policies in the past, but these are rare and special circumstances. I canít provide details about why another summoner may have received an exception, as that would be a violation of their privacy."

I also find this to favoritism and unfair. who are those " rare and special " players who get the transfer? Pros? Co-workers? Again the system of the way riot does things i consider it being broken and unfair to many players.
Show us your reform card(s) for your Tribunals. All of them. Then we can judge how fairly you were banned/punished.

I'll also note that it takes literally hundreds of reports in order to get to Tribunal even once, let alone 6 times. You were NOT banned for an isolated incident.

10thVangola

12-12-2012

"12% reports or 12 in 100 games" in order to get ban right? Get this i get unbanned played for about a week not even "40 games" I only type when im going to gank, or warn them that mid or top is mia depending on my lane. I got 1 report just 1 and it was a 2 week ban. How is that possible?

and the report was from an ally. and i remember that game, he got mad cause i took blue and it was late game. The game was a win but still got reported for that and i got banned for 2 weeks?

so much for that "12% reports or 12 in 100 games"

10thVangola

12-12-2012

Even if i do what you ask. And you find every ban unfair or some fair and some unfair and overall votes

or w/e agree for my peraban b/s then what? Sign a petition?

Belrag

12-12-2012

Riot has no control over the tribunal votes. Its completely chose by members of the tribunal who are assigned to his case. These people don't even know its him they just read the posts look at his item build and k/d ratio then make their decision. If he wasn't voted guilty any of those times then it doesn't really matter.