'The Tribunal is broken, Riot remove it!'...

12
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

12-11-2012

...is a horrible way to make change happen.
I've been more inactive when it comes to posting on these forums, but have still kept an eye on the way most complainst about the Tribunal are made.

For those who feel the Tribunal needs to be improved, here I have a few tips:
-The Tribunal is not going to go away anytime soon, thus spamming 'remove the Tribunal' is useless
-Spamming 'The Tribunal is broken!' won't help either, as it is not. It has some flaws but is far from broken.
-Please review your own cases as objectively as you can, as many of you attract way too many attention for cases that were entirely justifiable punishes. You actually keep the attention away from valid complaints/suggestions.

Now...you may think about the ways you could get to get a discussion going as you want changes to the Tribunal. Have you considered the following:
-Constructive criticism
Why not think of ways to improve the system or encourage the readers of the thread to think with you in an attempt to improve it? I'd say such threads are far more valuable than 'Tribunal is broken' or 'Tribunal is a joke' threads that are far too common. They often result in a pointless mud-slinging contest anyway.

-Be respectful towards your readers
Spamming your opening post with how Tribunal voters are 'pussies', 'doormats', 'no-lifers' etc. etc. will not help your point at all. It will only alienate readers and in turn distract the attention from the actual issue to the insults and it often results in a mud-slinging contest. Try to keep it respectful and be amazed by how discussions may start.

-Be open-minded for the opinion of others
Far too often do I see people ignoring the arguments of others, until someone who agrees with the OP comes into the thread and the OP quickly replies with 'this x1000'. Why? Was the only purpose of you to be agreed with? Many of these threads claimed to want to see improvements, but that is a two-way street. Be open for criticism or advice of others.

-Stop thinking in absolutes.
This guy got unfairly banned, thus the system is broken. I got banned for defending myself, thus I need to be a robot. etc. etc.
False. People need to stop thinking and posting in absolutes, as there is a huge grey area in between that is worthy of being discussed.

But, above all others:
Make sure you know how the Tribunal works.
This is a very important aspect to get a discussion going, as it is impossible to argue with someone who still claims people spam punish for IP. It is impossible to argue with people who claim 'everyone spams punish' (see last point as well)
In order to make improvements for a system, you need to be sure you are up-to-date of the workings of the Tribunal. The FAQ is a great start for this.

I am just ashamed to see the quality of these forums to be just as bad as 1,5 years ago. Why not give it a try to become a source of discussion and information for Riot, instead of becoming and maintaining the status of 'junkyard' of these forums?

TL;DR We need to change the way discussion is being held on these forums if we want to see change happen.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

RockLobster88

Senior Member

12-11-2012

But obviously, because the Tribunal wronged them, it's the Tribunal that needs fixing! Also, the game is filled with too many crybabies, they're God-tier skills shouldn't even be witnessed by lesser being, and everyone who votes in the Tribunal auto-punishes for IP.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Silent Haven85

Senior Member

12-11-2012

Oh, another one of these-Oh wait..its someone reasonable! Lol. You tease!


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Redjik

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimplyAlive View Post
But, above all others:
Make sure you know how the Tribunal works.
This definitely more then anything.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

SimplyAlive

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster88 View Post
But obviously, because the Tribunal wronged them, it's the Tribunal that needs fixing! Also, the game is filled with too many crybabies, they're God-tier skills shouldn't even be witnessed by lesser being, and everyone who votes in the Tribunal auto-punishes for IP.
However, replies like these need to stop as well. They are part of the problem.
In order to expect those with complaints to do so in a constructive way, we should encourage being constructive.
Ridiculing for taking the 'wrong' approach of complaints will most likely do more harm than good as it antagonizes those players.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mitey Oosik

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster88 View Post
But obviously, because the Tribunal wronged them, it's the Tribunal that needs fixing! Also, the game is filled with too many crybabies, they're God-tier skills shouldn't even be witnessed by lesser being, and everyone who votes in the Tribunal auto-punishes for IP.
I am God-tier! I never ever lose a game and i have never died from any mistake i made. Just don't look at my record because it's inaccurate, Riots record keeping is flawed, but I'm not flawed. I'm a LoL Demi-God. My elo is around 25k, my honor is.....well numbers don't go that high, my justice rating......put it this way, the justice meter, i broke it because I'm so accurate.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Great Pyrenees

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Seems like I learn more and more every day on how the tribunal works. Nice post =)


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DravenGod

Junior Member

12-12-2012

The tribunal is dumb, its any lvl 30 that goes on the website, looks at a report and just clicks yes. I've dont it before they need to be removed.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

kaleb bartlett

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DravenGod View Post
The tribunal is dumb, its any lvl 30 that goes on the website, looks at a report and just clicks yes. I've dont it before they need to be removed.
level 20+ mate, but thanks for playing and read above before continuing...

make sure you know how tribunal works.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Mitey Oosik

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DravenGod View Post
The tribunal is dumb, its any lvl 30 that goes on the website, looks at a report and just clicks yes. I've dont it before they need to be removed.
Lvl 20 genius! And where is the 'yes', i want to click that for a while instead of 'punish'. You've done nothing before.


12