PLEASE change Liandry's Torment's art [from item discussion board]

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Best Mayo NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

I KNOW it isn't just me thinking this, but of all of Riot's amazing looking items, only a set few stick out to me as bland and, well, rather poorly drawn out visually. Liandry's is one of them.

I mean, seriously. Compare the details in the Haunting Guise (one of my most favorite items visually) to Liandry's. It seriously looks to me as if it is unfinished.

Let me explain why I feel this way.

Consider a set of theater masks. You will almost always see the traditional two masks of happiness and sadness together. I would say that Haunting Guise and Liandry's Torment are similar in that regard; Haunting Guise being the "joyous, or happy side" and Liandry's Torment being the... no emotion with a weird looking "blood" tear? No, I would not say that Liandry's looks to express sadness. It has very little emotion in its face at all, minus the tear drop of blood falling down the cheek. There is no real expression in the eyes, cheeks, lips, eyebrows, ANYTHING to make it fit the theme. If Liandry's Torment is supposed to fit its own name's theme, why can't the mask at least look emotionally sad, or perhaps even happy in an evil way (imagine Shaco's smile with upturned brows). Another flaw in Liandry's visual is that the mask itself has eyes rather than eye holes, which I feel is also incorrect within the theme. This isn't supposed to be a Halloween type mask that covers the eyes, it is supposed to be worn and seen through (notice how Haunting Guise has open eye space).

Lastly, here is my picture example of this. (Sorry if it came out small)

*** And on an unrelated side note, Nashor's Tooth and Stinger should really have a different visual rather than JUST a recolor, however I have no real insight as to how that could look differently.

emmalilly

12-12-2012

Liandry's is one of my favourite looking items personally :\ To each their own haha.

shadooklaw

12-13-2012

I personally dislike the inconsistency with the new items. Look at Iceborn Gauntlet for example. It's style is clearly different from the older items. The same applies to the champion splashes, but at least Riot is changing those.

Best Mayo NA

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-15-2012

Bump for more discussion.

RapZero

12-15-2012

Looks fine to me. Simple not over the top.