Summoner's Rift Map Changes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

A Magical Cow

12-11-2012

Hey everyone,

I don't know if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't think of anywhere else other than General or the Player Content one. Let me know if you know a better place to post it. That being said lets get to it.

I'm looking for feedback on these changes on Summoner's Rift to balance out the Blue and Purple side. As it stands Blue has an in-game advantage of easier Baron access and Golems on bottom lane. I've seen many bottom lanes lose to a fast lvl 2 and Purple side teams throw an entire game because they cant get out of the Baron pit like the Blue side can. Purple side has to go out and around while Blue just runs backwards towards Blue buff.

The changes I've made give equal access to the Baron/Dragon pit and add an extra camp that will give the same experience and be as difficult to kill as Golems.

The new jungle camp with need 2 monsters (what they literally are doesnt matter. wovles/golems/wraiths whatever) that have about if not exactly these stats:

77 exp (+2/min)
30 gold (+1/min)
750 Health (+42/min)
44 AD (+1.4/min)
150 Attack Range
12 armor
0.613/sec Attack Speed
350 Movement

OR you can half the exp from Golems and add what is taken to the new camp. If you do it that way you don't give the Jungler more gold/exp with an extra camp. Both are viable I believe.

Moving to the physical map changes. Here is a picture of the "New Map":

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-UGbAwUTwgj...ew_Arrows2.jpg

I believe this gives both sides equal space and ward options to make Baron a less one sided task. While at the same time making it more dynamic than just a "river" running down the map.

Here is an accurate ward sight of the "New Map":

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-XYK3oI9frd...wMap_Wards.jpg

As you can see you still need 2 wards to fully ward a top or bottom lane from ganks (river and tri bush). But at the same time one ward in the bush below Red buff covers both entrances into the jungle around Red buff. Thus no extra wards are needed there.

So what do you guys think? Awful idea? I doubt Riot would ever change it, but I want to know what the community thinks. Also, if you know of another thread or idea like this please link it. Thanks a bunch <3

Lord Sir Man

12-11-2012

Honestly, I think this is a really cool concept. The placement of the Dragon/Baron Pits is much more convenient, and it still requires strategic ward placement. I really like the physical evidence you're providing. You have my vote. <3 Hopefully this will be considered.

DArKWiNDNiNJa

12-11-2012

very interesting... i'd definitely play on that map to at least try it out and see how it feels

A Magical Cow

12-12-2012

Thank you

Tigerbløød

12-12-2012

+1

Keuzen

12-12-2012

Like it. I agree that it is somewhat unbalanced.

A Magical Cow

12-12-2012

My question is: Will this make doing Baron and Dragon to safe? Make the "Dance" super long?