Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS


Should a warning reset honour points?

Yes 43 65.15%
No 18 27.27%
Undecided 5 7.58%
Voters 66 .

WARNING - Warnings are a punishment!

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Trydan

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
Shiister:
Your honor points being reset is a "fine". Same as if you get off on a charge in US court, you will still have to pay a fine for your behavior.

EDIT: Not to mention if you had to be warned about your behavior, then your honor and benefits you received from it would be false.


1. When a cop gives a warning there is no fine involved.

2. If you are acquitted, nollied, or a case in a US court otherwise finds you not guilty of charges you do NOT pay a fine or any court fees, that's the whole point of not being convicted.

3. Why make a punishment with a warning? It gives less incentive for someone to try to not be a ******r.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
Trydan:
1. When a cop gives a warning there is no fine involved.

2. If you are acquitted, nollied, or a case in a US court otherwise finds you not guilty of charges you do NOT pay a fine or any court fees, that's the whole point of not being convicted.

3. Why make a punishment with a warning? It gives less incentive for someone to try to not be a ******r.


You must of didn't read the part where I clarified this post more.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PogoPogoPogoPogo

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
BE4ST:
2 out of 5 out of 1000's of games, hardly a majority.

Stop getting hung up about the games you were supposedly innocent in. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt, just emphasizing that I haven't seen the card myself.

Anyway, there are 2 major flaws with the quoted text here.

First, the sample size of games from which your Tribunal case was built is not "1000's of games". Before you are even sent to the Tribunal, you must obtain a ratio of being reported in 15-30% of your matches. This ratio is based on a rolling sample size, so while you may have only been toxic in 2% of your total matches played, you were sent to the Tribunal because recently your report rate has ramped up to 15-30% of your matches.

This means you may have been reported in 15 of your last 100 matches. It's not 5 out of 1000s. It's on a smaller sample size. Something like 15 out of your most recent 100 matches.

Second, the matches displayed to the Tribunal are randomly sampled from every match you were reported in. So if my guesstimation of 15 out of 100 is correct (there's nothing to say it is), there are 10 matches out of this 100 game sample that are not displayed at all. Maybe you're completely innocent in all 10. You could also be worse in all 10 of those games then you were in the 2 games you admitted to being a jerk.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BE4ST

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Final thoughts:

Definition: Slaves
a person who is legally owned by someone else and has to work for them.

I believe the establishment owns us and most people HAVE TO work for someone.
Do you have a choice to just go and live freely anywhere on and from the land?
Do you have a choice paying taxes?
I find most people forget their history and how taxes began, ok so you wont get your head chopped off now if you don't pay them, but you will lose everything else.

The American Terrorism acts are shredding your 4th and 5th Ammendments to the Constitution.
Do you have any rights anymore?
I think some of you need to wake up and see the illusions being performed before your very eyes.
Are you really free?

Regarding LoL

READ my WORDS more carefully...

I DO NOT condone being the a$$ hole.

I DO NOT condone cursing, although, why do they have a chat filter? Is this game only for 10 year olds now?

I DO NOT condone racism, sexism, bigots, people being extremely offensive or harassment.

But sometimes an a$$ hole just needs putting in his/her place!

I still stand by my original words, ok, I was a jerk in two games, but I received a warning not a ban and having honour points taken away is a punishment, and a punishment is NOT A WARNING!

All said and done, this post was intended as a harmless bit of fun, things are getting out of hand, I do not wish to offend or upset anyone, but I do wish people would wake up see the realities that are happening around them.

LoL is a game and is meant to be fun, I don't really care about my honour points so much, but I was a little disapointed and annoyed. I am sure I will earn them back again soon, and hey, what do honour points mean in the real world?

NOTHING..!

GL HF


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

Senior Member

12-12-2012

Quote:
BE4ST:




I believe the establishment owns us and most people HAVE TO work for someone.
Do you have a choice to just go and live freely anywhere on and from the land?
Do you have a choice paying taxes?



Yes you have the choice to go and live freely anywhere on land, especially if its the middle of nowhere. You just have to provide for yourself, food, clothing, shelter. Won't have to pay taxes either since you are providing for yourself.


Quote:
The American Terrorism acts are shredding your 4th and 5th Ammendments to the Constitution.
Do you have any rights anymore?
I think some of you need to wake up and see the illusions being performed before your very eyes.
Are you really free?


What does this have to do with Tribunal or Riot? Nothing, you just rambling.

Quote:
I still stand by my original words, ok, I was a jerk in two games, but I received a warning not a ban and having honour points taken away is a punishment, and a punishment is NOT A WARNING!


You paid a fine for your behavior as I said before. Lucky it wasn't a ban.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BE4ST

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Shiister:
Yes you have the choice to go and live freely anywhere on land, especially if its the middle of nowhere. You just have to provide for yourself, food, clothing, shelter. Won't have to pay taxes either since you are providing for yourself.




What does this have to do with Tribunal or Riot? Nothing, you just rambling.



You paid a fine for your behavior as I said before. Lucky it wasn't a ban.


CAN YOU live anywhere?

I garauntee someone will move you on.

Regarding my rambling, wrong post, was meant to be in one of my others, HA HA..!

What I say is true though.

You are an unforgiving person that just looks for problems and ways to criticize people, doesn't surprise me you wouldn't pardon me.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
BE4ST:


You are an unforgiving person that just looks for problems and ways to criticize people, doesn't surprise me you wouldn't pardon me.


I wouldn't pardon you cause you was a toxic person to the game. Your childish posts shows that you obviously won't change from this warning, so I see you back when you get your ban.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BE4ST

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
Shiister:
I wouldn't pardon you cause you was a toxic person to the game. Your childish posts shows that you obviously won't change from this warning, so I see you back when you get your ban.


Childish posts?

Is that the best prepubscent insult you have?

YOU ARE the one that keeps going into other people's posts to ruin them, not the first time I have seen you, GROW UP!

Only one childish person in here buddy, look in the mirror.

You sum up your own intellect with your awful grammar.

JUST LOOK AT YOUR FORUM NAME.... SAYS IT ALL!

REALLY Bored with people like you now.

Go on, have the last say, speak again, not interested in your pathetic flame wars.

Say what you want, I will not bother reading anything in here again.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Shiister

Senior Member

12-13-2012

Quote:
BE4ST:
Childish posts?

Is that the best prepubscent insult you have?

YOU ARE the one that keeps going into other people's posts to ruin them, not the first time I have seen you, GROW UP!

Only one childish person in here buddy, look in the mirror.

You sum up your own intellect with your awful grammar.

JUST LOOK AT YOUR FORUM NAME.... SAYS IT ALL!

REALLY Bored with people like you now.

Go on, have the last say, speak again, not interested in your pathetic flame wars.

Say what you want, I will not bother reading anything in here again.



Stop trying to make yourself sound smarter than you really are. You call my grammar awful yet you paragraphing in a incorrect way, not to mention your grammar is wrong in some of them. Also, prepubscent is spelled prepubescent. Sorry if you can't deal with people pointing out your flaws in your arguments. Grow up kid.


Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Disgruntler

Senior Member

12-13-2012

In bantown, the word 'warning' is actually 'probation.'

You're not 'getting off with a warning.' You're 'on probation'

Probation IS a punishment.