Should a warning reset honour points?

Yes 43 65.15%
No 18 27.27%
Undecided 5 7.58%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

WARNING - Warnings are a punishment!

12345 ... 7
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

BE4ST

12-11-2012

I recently got a warning for being a bit of a jerk in two games.

Bare in mind I play LoL a lot, so two games out of nearly two thousand I feel is pretty good going.

The things is, I got my honour stats reset.

I am confused, if I am getting a WARNING why am I BEING PUNISHED?

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Your honor points being reset is a "fine". Same as if you get off on a charge in US court, you will still have to pay a fine for your behavior.

EDIT: Not to mention if you had to be warned about your behavior, then your honor and benefits you received from it would be false.

BE4ST

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiister View Post
Your honor points being reset is a "fine". Same as if you get off on a charge in US court, you will still have to pay a fine for your behavior.

EDIT: Not to mention if you had to be warned about your behavior, then your honor and benefits you received from it would be false.
Ummm....

If you are being fined by a court, then you haven't 'gotten off' anything, you are being punished.

FINE = PUNISMENT does not = WARNING

Shiister

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BE4ST View Post
Ummm....

If you are being fined by a court, then you haven't 'gotten off' anything, you are being punished.
Let me clarify.

If you went to court for a charge of DUI and the judge decided not to revoke your license, but instead make you pay a fine, you are getting a break. Same as a warning, instead of it being a ban, you got a warning, but you still have to pay a "fine" for your behavior leading to the warning.

KineticSkink

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BE4ST View Post

Bare in mind I play LoL a lot, so two games out of nearly two thousand I feel is pretty good going.

The things is, I got my honour stats reset.

I am confused, if I am getting a WARNING why am I BEING PUNISHED?
You are incorrect. You were not sent to the tribunal on the basis of two games.

In order to get to the tribunal you would have been getting reported in 15% or more of your games recently (Most people get reported at the rate of about 1%)

The tribunal then builds a case in which is randomly select 1 - 5 of the games you were reported in.

This is warning you that if you continue to get reported at your current rate you will continue to end up in the Tribunal and start getting banned.

ºmº

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by KineticSkink View Post
You are incorrect. You were not sent to the tribunal on the basis of two games.

In order to get to the tribunal you would have been getting reported in 15% or more of your games recently (Most people get reported at the rate of about 1%)

The tribunal then builds a case in which is randomly select 1 - 5 of the games you were reported in.

This is warning you that if you continue to get reported at your current rate you will continue to end up in the Tribunal and start getting banned.
How does that answer his question? He is asking how a warning removed his honor, not how he was put into the Tribunal.

Shiister

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by m View Post
How does that answer his question? He is asking how a warning removed his honor, not how he was put into the Tribunal.
It has to do with this part.

Quote:

Which the OP put in his original post. You should read the thread fully before posting.

KineticSkink

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by m View Post
His argument towards not removing honor is predicated on the basis that 2 games out of his X number of total games are the cause.

"I recently got a warning for being a bit of a jerk in two games.
Bare in mind I play LoL a lot, so two games out of nearly two thousand I feel is pretty good going."

ºmº

12-11-2012

Quote:
It has to do with this part.

Which the OP put in his original post. You should read the thread fully before posting.
Quote:
Stop spamming threads if you have nothing to say that does with the OP.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...2893246&page=2

Shiister

12-11-2012

I quoted a part of the OP you didn't read before making your ignorant post, I was on topic.

12345 ... 7