Disable clicking on the HUD while aiming a skillshot.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Jaawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-03-2011

This happens to me extremely often. If I am aiming a skillshot at someone at the bottom of my screen, often I inadvertently click the HUD and thus, the shot is not fired. It happens most frequently when I am trying to run / kite someone or am otherwise staying mobile.

For example clicking above my character to run while trying to swipe the mouse down for a skillshot and back up results in my cursor being at the top of the screen before I realize that the shot didn't fire... this means I am still in the skillshot aiming mode so I have to cancel it, waste it, or swipe down to try again, before I can run again.

It is really frustrating when this results in a death and it does so pretty frequently for me. Sometimes I even click the HUD twice in a row because of being flustered and trying to run the opposite direction.

Additional note: if you hit a skillshot hotkey, I cannot think of a reason you would WANT to click the HUD until after you cancel or use the skillshot.

So, I propose that while aiming skillshots, a click anywhere on the screen fires the shot in that direction (i.e. HUD and buttons are ignored during aiming).

Featherhat

02-04-2011

I have a huge problem with this when I'm playing Olaf on the purple team... it shows there really is a serious disadvantage of being on purple for skillshot champions. The amount of times I've missed a shot because I accidentally moved a hair into my skill bar and the axe throws in the entirely opposite direction... =/

Jaawn

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

02-04-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Featherhat View Post
I have a huge problem with this when I'm playing Olaf on the purple team... it shows there really is a serious disadvantage of being on purple for skillshot champions. The amount of times I've missed a shot because I accidentally moved a hair into my skill bar and the axe throws in the entirely opposite direction... =/
yeah, that happens to me all the time both with olaf and mundo

Jaawn

02-19-2011

so...does this happen to anyone else?

silenthunt

02-20-2011

Yeah, I play Mundo and Ezreal and this is a pretty common problem for me.

One thing that also happens is that when I'm moving I accidentally right-click on the hud itself so I stop moving.

One thing you can do is to learn to smart-cast using Shift+Q or whichever button your skillshot is assigned to. Still, this is something Riot should fix.

Duce Bohogren

02-20-2011

The simplest solution is to just make the HUD (with the exception of the mini-map) immune to right clicking in general... because honestly... who opens the shop with right mouse?
This would make chasing/running MUCH easier.

pyro4816

02-20-2011

I play sivir frequently and this too has screwed me up. Same when i play ashe.... i have fired my ult off the edge of the map before...... now why would anyone do that??

Seehan

02-21-2011

I hate playing as Lux as purple because of this :/

Fac ut Vivas

02-23-2011

I'd love it so much if Rot fixed this, or even better, make the HUD less useless altogether.
I've never raged so much as playing Gargas on purple team, seriously.

incongruity

02-24-2011

I support this thread. Better yet, make it so no matter the team, you always view yourself from the bottom. Even better than that, give us the ability to orient the camera to any direction we choose. I'm not sure how this game came out of beta without such a feature.