Nasus builds???

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

THE SCHNAUZER

02-15-2011

I can't seem to find a good build for nasus. Can someone please help me with one or two good builds for him?

HisSolitude

02-15-2011

Heart of gold, Merctreads, Sheen, Randuins Omen, Ageis, Sunfire,Guardian A., Bansheee. Tank nasus (from mobafire)
Skill sequence. q.e.e.w.q.r.q.e.e.e.r.w.w.q.q.w.w
kthnxbai

CheerUpEmoKids

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

02-15-2011

Ehh. Go with Hyfe's Guide. Its the top rated Nasus Guide on LeagueCraft.

Tryc

02-15-2011

^ I agree with that guy. Hyfe's guide is amazing for Nasus.

Elston Gunn

02-16-2011

Like with all tanks, there is no concrete build for nasus. There can't be, and there shouldn't be. Get this idea out of your head.

Buying merc treads is inefficient on a team of Udyr, Rammus, Ashe, WW, and Tryn. You'd be saving a good deal of early game money as well as performing better in fights if you purchased ninja tabis.

Usually you'll be facing at least 1 ad champ in your lane, so you should start off with a doran's shield. Especially if you're soloing. With the doran's shield buff this patch, there is rarely a reason not to.

From there, you should be able to stay in your lane and farm for a long time. Usually until lv 8 when you go back your first time. Buy either ninja tabis or merc treads depending on the enemy teams composition and most importantly which direction you see their items heading. For instance Sivir is usually considered an AD champ, but if you see a Sivir buying a Tome then she'll obviously be mostly dealing magic damage.

What you CAN do is find items which fit your champion and most game situations well. For Nasus sheen is one of these. So is Aegis, which gives everyone on your team those few points to Armor/MR which provide the most damage reduction and gives you some nice health.

If your Masteries/Runes arn't set up for mana regen, you'll have to consider buying a chalice to make up for it since you will be rather mana starved, especially if you're unable to use golem due to your jungling fiddle.

An important thing to understand is that armor and magic resistance stack with diminishing returns. The first 50 armor may add an overall 15% physical damage reduction, but the next 50 armor will only add 6% overall physical damage reduction. Stacking huge amounts of armor/Mres wastes money and most importantly (late game) wastes space. Once you have 200+ of both armor and magic resistance (assuming the enemy team is balanced AD/AP), you would be better off buying health instead of stacking more armor/mr.

It's impossible to have a plan for every single possible game. Whats important is to understand how the game functions, and use your knowledge to adapt to any situation that occurs.

Aipes

02-16-2011

I personally find that maxing out Spirit Fire first, followed by W, then Q [as a tank] more comforting.

The reason behind this is that Spirit Fire allows me to control the enemy's advance, as well a helping me farm quite easily. Combine this zone-control - basically, you have them back off from your Fire, then you go in with Q to farm a minion last hit. Do this consistently early game, and by end game your Q will be very, very farmed. The reason I don't max Q first is because it doesn't help with your early game laning at all - the intent here though is to get Q 2nd, so that you may start farming up the bonus damage so it serves its purpose LATE game.

I usually go with a Maki Pendant - if you have enough runes/masteries to not need it, then I'd recommend starting with either a Doran's Shield, Mana Crystal [easier ability-spamming with your regen], or even a Doran's Ring.

Personally, if you're soloing, I'd recommend Doran's Shield - if not, the other one's I mentioned MAY help with better farming/harassing/zoning.

From then on, it'll depend on the other team. Getting a Force of Nature isn't a bad idea, considering it gives you some movement speed, some nice HP regen, and Magic Resist. Other options to consider are sheen, warmog's, or Thornmail - but like I mentioned, what items you get is really dependent on the team.

The learning part of this game is knowing when to buy what items, and when to merge items into recipes or to start building something else for more utility. =)

Doriantv

02-16-2011

I don't like to max Spirit Fire at all. Maybe get one rank in it early if your lane is being pushed hard, but if you're not careful you push your lane way too much.

The basic build for Nasus is

Doran's Shield
Mercury's Treads
Aegis of the Legion
Trinity Force

After which you get more tanky items, like Randuin's Omen, Banshee's Veil, etc. If you don't like Aegis, just get a Heart of Gold.

Don't pick Nasus against teams packing lots of kite, like Ashe/Nunu/Anivia/Teemo stuff. Pick him to counter Melee DPS mainly, stuff like Xin Zhao, who gets completely rolled by Nasus.

Elston Gunn

02-16-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aipes View Post
I personally find that maxing out Spirit Fire first, followed by W, then Q [as a tank] more comforting.

The idea behind maxing out Q first is that it helps you farm up your SS much faster. Higher damage and lower cooldown means you will be able to last hit more minions more often. This strategy got an enormous boost lately with increase in bonus damage from 2 to 3.

In side lanes, farming with SF quickly pushes the lane to the tower and you are left standing there with nothing to do. If you are going mid as nassus, you have the ability to push the lane and then go kill wolves or wraiths which gives you even more gold and SS damage.

It also depends on how aggressive the other team is. If nobody is harassing you when you run up to last hit with Q, you can camp out by your tower for days raising your damage to enormous amounts. If you are solo laning against a mort and xin, if you don't max out SF quickly you will be eaten alive together with your tower.

Doriantv

02-16-2011

Maxing Q first, with some ranks in W, is better for most games. Take one rank in E early. If you're facing hard pushers and jungler help is unavailable, consider more ranks in E. But yea, more Q ranks is good because it makes SS farming easier and faster, which is important.