[Help] Ashe - Runes

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Darkling2x

11-25-2009

Just hit level 20, and was wondering what the typical runes are for ashe. Im torn between Damage, Crit, and Crit Damage. Thanks.

Nullname

11-25-2009

Crit Damage or Amor Pen. Because Ashe gets Infinity Edge; Crit Damage are going to be superior. But unless all you ever plan to play is Ashe/Infinity Edge carries; you might want to grab armor pen because it's half the price of Crit Damage.

SpyderMonkey

11-25-2009

^^ I recommend armor penetration, as that will go along way. Crit damage is good if you only play Ashe / Gangplank and want to dedicate an entire page to those two champs.

Darkling2x

11-25-2009

Went with mostly Crit damage. I really only play ashe/physical twisted fate, and both use roughtly the same items.

Cresh

11-25-2009

One thing that may help...dedicate at least your blue space to mana regen.

Ive run into so many Ashes in the early game who I just destroy because I can volley indefinetly and have 0 need of getting a phil stone. Having that mana regen makes you a hell of a harasser early on. Not to say you should spam the hell out of it, but having the mana to use it whenever you need to as well as arrow the instant you hit 6 helps drastically. The early game can massively depict the outcome of the match.

Other than that, the suggested material above is good.

RyuuKitten

11-25-2009

Crit damage is the best choice for any champion you plan on getting an infinity edge on.

Edit: You don't need volley to harass, be smart in your mana usage and you can last hit + harass at the same time with it. Run Clarity and you'll be fine.

Bait

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

11-25-2009

i'd use:
red: armor pen
yellow: dodge
blue: max mp/level
purp: hp

TaeminTheMaknae

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

01-20-2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryuujinx View Post
Crit damage is the best choice for any champion you plan on getting an infinity edge on.

Edit: You don't need volley to harass, be smart in your mana usage and you can last hit + harass at the same time with it. Run Clarity and you'll be fine.
Yet thats one less summoner spell to use.

Alaman

01-20-2011

Quint: Arm Pen
Red: Arm Pen
Yellow: Attk Spd
Blue: CDR/lvl

Those are what I am using.

I have a set of Crit Damage runes for Red, would those work out better for Ashe? I normally Rush IF/PD but I don't know the math behind which would be better.

TehKaster

01-20-2011

I use Arm Pen for reds, because I think that extra adds because not always do I build IE in my core, so I feel as though the crit damage is kinda of wasted, whereas I always attack, making the most of my red runes.

For yellow, I use mregen to help with Volley at early levels, and eliminates the need for Manamune and make space for something else.

For blue, I use CDR to maximize your ult.

And health for Quints for the early game survivability.

Just my two cents.