Welcome to the Forum Archive!

Years of conversation fill a ton of digital pages, and we've kept all of it accessible to browse or copy over. Whether you're looking for reveal articles for older champions, or the first time that Rammus rolled into an "OK" thread, or anything in between, you can find it here. When you're finished, check out the boards to join in the latest League of Legends discussions.

GO TO BOARDS

What is this obsession with one middle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

greenerpastures

10-13-2010

i'm pretty bad, but I also think the problem with having, lets say, a 2 mid, 1 jungle, 1 bot, 1 top lane would be preventing mid getting ganked by 3+ champions. I know when I've had to solo bot a couple times due to dcs or whatever that if you are being zoned out and can't really keep close tabs on the enemy, that they can often slip off while you are sure they are in the bushes waiting to gank you.

so you could pretty easily have their jungle and one side lane come to gank your mid with not much notice

Alucard628

10-13-2010

the only problem i see is, is the lack of help to the solo lane without a jungler nearby or teleport. if the solo is mid he's got 4 people that could technically save him, help him gank, push etc.. if the solo is top you've got two people nearby and they're coming from one side guaranteed so the enemy can see it coming easier etc.. also the other team just might mirror you so then whats the difference really.

Shinslammer

10-13-2010

I don't know if this has come up yet, but you can field a 2v1 in top or bottom because you can zone out the 1 player. This is impossible in mid. The towers are extremely close together, and the bushes are far enough away that you don't have to be afraid of them.

Ive had a few cases of soloing against a double mid. Three things happened. My double lane on bot zoned out their solo completely with the extra space and bushes they had. Their jungler had to come out and lane full time in bot to avoid losing the tower. I farmed and leveled just as I normally would and dropped my ult on a lvl4 for an easy first blood.

Merana

10-13-2010

Quote:
Shinslammer:
I don't know if this has come up yet, but you can field a 2v1 in top or bottom because you can zone out the 1 player. This is impossible in mid. The towers are extremely close together, and the bushes are far enough away that you don't have to be afraid of them.

Ive had a few cases of soloing against a double mid. Three things happened. My double lane on bot zoned out their solo completely with the extra space and bushes they had. Their jungler had to come out and lane full time in bot to avoid losing the tower. I farmed and leveled just as I normally would and dropped my ult on a lvl4 for an easy first blood.

I mentioned it already but it was ignored. This is the biggest reason.
2 vs 1 mid accomplishes very little in shutting down the enemy solo (who is probably a ranged carry who can farm from complete safety). You have no bushes to ambush in and zone them out, you cannot chase them as any kill attempt will likely be a tower dive. You will be very susceptible to jungler ganks as they have 2 ways to approach you instead of the 1 in the side lane ( 2 vs 1 lane usually pushes up more).

Why would you voluntarily take the 2 vs 1 lane into the mid where you have the least advantage from having 2 people? So dumb.

Although it's pretty moot since it's pretty much always 1 top, 1 mid, 1 jungle 2 bot

Shinnyshin

10-13-2010

Bush positioning.

Mid is the safest farming lane, which is why people typically put their carries there and leave 1 person exposed there. It's gankable, yes. But it's far less gankable than the other lanes. It's tower-diveable, yes, but it's far less tower-divable than the other lanes.

Plus, walking to mid takes far less time than walking to top or bottom. So when you recall and then head mid again, it doesn't take all that long and you might not even miss any experience. Walking to top or bottom, however, takes forever. If you have somebody top or bottom solo, that means they miss 3 or so waves of experience every time they recall. If they have a partner there, that's not an issue.

In short, putting a carry mid solo is incontestably the most efficient and safe way to go about things. Putting two people mid might work on occasion if you've got a specific team strategy crafted around it and can take the opponent by surprise. But that's a very specific maneuver that you don't want to use most of the time.

Vangko

10-13-2010

it can work but it depends on your team set up.. the idea can be, 1 top/2 mid/1 bot/1 jungle. Because generally the other team will be 2 top/1 mid/2 bot.

The only wah this would work is to have champs who are capable of defending a tower with out depending on too much items and gold.

First example.

Herm: he has turrents he can throw down taht will scale with level, and can start off with Mana reg item, other skill will be grenade only to be used if champs are able to push to turrent. You would have to play defensive, by hugging turrent setting your own turrents by main turrent in triangle format. and using grenade seldomley to kill minions or last hit or stuning other champs. You will have advantage because turrents will scale with lvl and not to much items are needed to keep turrent up to help kill minions and champs.

2nd example would be Mundo

Mundo skills also scales with lvling with out too much dependency on item, Start off with hp reg bead and using cleaves to last hit and harrass othe champs, while huggy turrent. Other skill will be to get maso and then but burning agony to help last hit. because of mundo passive you can stay with turent and def even longer.

You really just need a champ who is capable of taunting/defending turrent for top/bot solo. You get advantage of lvl up faster the other side since last hits would generally be just you.

mid would have to be really good with support and pushing for this to be vialble. also the jungler has to be able to roam gank helping bot/top/mid.

Amaterasuomikami

10-13-2010

Quote:
Shinslammer:

This is what tends to happen.

Every couple weeks someone goes "OH WHY CANT WE DUO/TRI MID??!?!?" and every week people that have played the game come up with the same responses.

1) You cant zone mid of XP
2) Mid tower is close enough, that it reduces heavily the danger to your tower by the two champs
3)Leaving a sidelane lane solo FOR NO GOOD REASON, means that for no good reason they can get denied XP
4) The more people mid, the less the group mid gets fed, and the more the single carry does
5) If you want an extra solo, jungle.
6) Your also assuming the team cant come and gank your underleveled duo-mid. Which will happen, then you will be unable to do anything as the now much higher leveled mid and his buddy rape your tower- unless you wanna drop 180 for two sight wards every 3 min

It just dosent work out, anybody thats not stupid will outfarm the duo, and then when they have a good lead just rape your faces off. I havent seen a duomid sense level 25, and I raped them both.

If it didnt work then, in my infancy when i didnt know as much as i do now, how is it going to work against the higher tiers of play?

Tl;dr THIS WILL ONLY WORK IN VERY LOW ELO

Vangko

10-13-2010

also forgot to mention duo solo should consiste of one dps and one support.. ie sona/yi or whatever.. someone who can help set up kills.

Amaterasuomikami

10-13-2010

It dosent matter what the duo mid consists of, a decent player will laugh and farm- stay out of your harassment-
then kill you when your stupid idea got you underleveled