Nidalee Champion Spotlight and Visual Upgrade

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MigeruX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Sivir when?

LinkSketchit

12-11-2012

I can't wait for this update! She was amazing, but is going to be even more amazing! :O

Btw amazing splash art!

Iliessa

12-11-2012

Very nice changes, Riot. What you upgraded looks absolutely fantastic. Thank you!

As far as constructive feedback goes, I will say that with the length of time it took for this to come out I was expecting upgraded splash art for all of her skins not just the original. This may cause less people to purchase skins for her since the only thing they will see in the store is the splash art and they look worse in comparison now.

But what I find disappointing about this visual upgrade is her dance. It had always been short and awkward. This is a stripper pole dance. You have so much to work with here and I find it lacking. She makes one rotation around the 'pole', arches her back for 1 second, then spends the rest of her time pulling her pole out of the ground and jamming back into the exact same spot. It looks clunky and repetative. There needs to be more actual dance to her dance and an attempt made to make the repetition of it look less obvious.

Look at Twitch's dance. He twirls around like a freaking ballerina multiple times, gracefully shuffles along on his tippy twinkle toes and when he jumps back into his starting position for the repeat you can hardly tell it's starting over again unless you've seen it a few times before. It would be nice to see what the animation team could come up with for Nidalee's pole dance if they spent as much time on it as they did with Twitch.

Of course, I don't believe an upgrade to her dance was supposed to be part of this. I'm just concerned that now that this work is completed it will be a long while before any further changes are made to her.

Then again, there's others that need their dances upgraded even worse than Nidalee.. like TF for instance. I'm certain you can give those sexy pixels something better to do. ;-)

ValkyrionX

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phreak View Post
For everyone asking on items, we have a pretty good setup for Recommended Items now, so I'm leaving it to that.

Tanky build would be Trinity Force / Warmog's / Last Whisper as core pieces. Atma's, GA, Chalice, and Spirit Visage also are good options.
So does this mean that from now on we won't get items build at the champion spotlight?

BRING IT

12-11-2012

FINALLY SHE HAD ARRIVED heheh

Sacred Sleep

12-11-2012

When she came out on the PBE I loved her dance so much, but when they took it down I worried about it getting removed.

Thinking that was just paranoid me, and riot wouldn't bother.. but they did nerf it and now I am sad.

I'll be happy to at least hear a reason why riot did it.

Han Yolo Que

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

need better quality, this is unwatchable

Neugitocity

12-11-2012

Awesome!

honreject

12-11-2012

downvoted because you modified the dance for no reason

OneVendetta

12-11-2012

'while jax chases her down but doesn't have enough dmg to take her down'

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA no. just no.