17 year old guy with only a few months left to live

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Guy View Post
I know not everybody is like that, and I thank you for your posts, even if they are being put down by others.

Which sadly only shows how illogical you are acting still. Did you even click the link in OP's post? Because it's not the Child's Cancer homepage, it's an actual video of him doing his first recording. Your comparisons are poor, and reflect only on how you are basing this off of emotion (namely, distrust of people on the internet) instead of logic.
You fail to realize none of that was there, when i wrote that first spout off after he told others to do his research for him right ?

Or is all you do play the white knight on the forums ?

No, how about actually thinking and questioning a little bit more. It goes a long way in life.

TT Dreadnaught

12-11-2012

scumbag cancer
kid had potential

The Good Guy

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Wise View Post
It's shady. It isn't about it costing no money of my own, it's the principle. It honestly wouldn't hurt me to give money to people that panhandle me every single day in Los Angeles, but that isn't my job. Sure, it's selfish if you want to look at it that way. Ever heard the saying there's no such thing as altruism?

Looking out for your self is the only logical step you can ever take, ever. In this case, I am not going to contribute one cent to some scumbag who thinks he doesn't have to work and can get money off administrating a YouTube channel - especially one who tries to use my guilt to get me to click on his videos.

--

I bet you support the troops too, yeah? When's the last time you actually did anything for any of them? When's the last time you gave back at battered woman, animal or homeless shelter? You don't. You play League of Legends, and you're probably a kid. People that try to use your guilt to get money from you do not care about you, they care about themselves. Do yourself a favor and don't care about them.

I remember when I got my first apartment and some dudes came knocking on my door saying, "hey man, I'm gonna get fired if my boss over there in the van doesn't see some people let me in to show them how this vacuum works, you don't have to buy anything just make it look like you are interested in my spiel."

I had just gotten back from Iraq, so I was trying to re-antiquate myself with society. I said sure. All I lost was 90 minutes of my time, and some guy getting pissed that I somehow wasted his time for not buying a $2,000 vacuum. People that guilt you to get you to do anything are experienced at manipulating people into business transactions, which is exactly what a YouTube/AdSense account is. Do yourself a favor and watch the other videos that guy has up before you get all holier-than-thou on me.
Your first two paragraphs are only a saddening reminder of how selfish people can be. Nobody is asking you for your money. Nobody is asking for a lot of your time. Since you;re here on the forums, I can safely assume that you don't have much else to do at the moment, what is another ten seconds wasted among an hour already spent on this thread?

Also, I do support the troops. I support them so much I went and joined the Army. Let me put on my ACUs and take a picture, would that be proper proof?

Gazerak

12-11-2012

Best wishes to him.

King Reedwise

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Guy View Post
Your first two paragraphs are only a saddening reminder of how selfish people can be. Nobody is asking you for your money. Nobody is asking for a lot of your time. Since you;re here on the forums, I can safely assume that you don't have much else to do at the moment, what is another ten seconds wasted among an hour already spent on this thread?

Also, I do support the troops. I support them so much I went and joined the Army. Let me put on my ACUs and take a picture, would that be proper proof?
Tell me more about your military service(rank, MOS, deployments) so I can put you in your place. I have done selfless things before, I won't subscribe to your YouTube channel though. Guarantee you that my service was worth more than yours just on the way you're acting in here.

inb4 you pretend to be delta force

Tatsune

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

This guy is actually good too. Such a sad story and so unfortunate. Bump for justice.

NewRelicspet

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatsune View Post
This guy is actually good too. Such a sad story and so unfortunate. Bump for justice.
Aye.. Poor guy.

RedTunes

12-11-2012

Bump! Let's get his dream to come true. c:

rexman189

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Wise View Post
Why does he need money from subscribers if he only has months to live? If I had months to live, I would max out all my credit cards and go nuts. People are so quick to accept a sob story when the fact of the matter is getting a million views on a YouTube video only benefits you monetarily. He wants the world to know he wrote a sad song about dying of cancer? ...why?

If I had months to live, you can bet I wouldn't spend it getting the approval of YouTube. You ever read some of the comments on there?

edit: you guys don't know anything. Who is to say it's his YouTube channel? That's like me saying I only have months to live and asking for money. Maybe I am dying, but it's still panhandling. Ever been to Los Angeles? Let me guess, you guys help every guy sitting outside the grocery store.

"hey man you got any cash, my car broke down and I gotta get back to my kids"

"no, sorry."

"God bless."

it's guilt. Your guilt = their money. Don't be stupid. Nobody who is dying, who just wrote a song about how nice life is when it's almost over wants money of all things. Hey guys! I'm dying. Subscribe please
To fund money towards cancer research so this hopefully can be cured one day?

honreject

12-11-2012

downvoted