17 year old guy with only a few months left to live

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Sandviper

12-11-2012

Sadness

NewRelicspet

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Wise View Post
..and the views on the video on his channel are attributed to his AdSense account.

He can turn off adds for the video, which would then mean he gets 0 money.
Besides, he got no legal rights to make money off this.

You don't have any proof that he is making any money on this, he isn't even the guy who wanted to give the kid a million views!

ShadowTheX

12-11-2012

He has an awesome voice

General Stinky

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vayumad View Post
Feels general
you called?

The Good Guy

12-11-2012

Quote:
Cancer doesn't cause your hair to fall out: most cancer treatments do, however. But of course! Nothing can be done for this poor child, at all. I mean he is just young, so.. nothing can be done. Except one thing..

you could subscribe. You're defending something you know nothing about. For all you know that is my YouTube channel, I never met the kid and every click gets me another $.3

No, his video doesn't ask us to subscribe. His other videos do. His interview with Ellie Goulding, for example. But I am a cynical jerk if I bring that up, right? I should just blindly give this guy money because.. it's Christmas?

But hey, don't worry. I'm sure karma will get me. No one will subscribe to my YouTube channel when I'm dying either.

Fun fact: you don't know what you get when your YouTube video gets 1,000,000 views.. do you? Want me to post another snarky, "Let me Google that for you" link, like you guys did?

Don't be so stupid.
I'm sorry, I hate to peck on one aspect of your post, but it boggles me beyond any ability to respond to anything else.

You won't give a guy with cancer money, even if it required no money of your own? Even if it just required you to click one or two buttons? Because it's not like viewing a link takes away money from your bank account.

I'm not even talking about Zach Sobiech here any more. If St. Jude's hospital asked you to just visit their website, that every view their website received earned them a little amount of money so they could continue their work, you wouldn't do it because you "never met the kid" (kids in this case)? I never do this, just pick one point and ignore everything else, but damn, I can't help myself. What you posted just reeks of selfishness beyond measure.

King Reedwise

12-11-2012

Quote:
Besides, he got no legal rights to make money off this.
It's on his YouTube channel, and it's his AdSense account. You don't know anything about this. Clicks=cash. Everything isn't like streaming; in fact, most things aren't. You don't get money from people watching ads, you get money from views and subscribers because so does YouTube.

I had a very profitable YouTube channel a year and a half ago, trust me. It would be super easy to put that video on my channel right now and do the same thing you're doing. And I could claim the moral high ground. There are people who make a living posting popular songs with videos that are nothing more than crappy lyrics.

The kid isn't getting anything, "Woolly Rhino Productions" is. Why don't you come right out and say you want me to subscribe to your YouTube channel? I'll do it.

Rioreusu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

He is strong, and I will pray for him.

NewRelicspet

12-11-2012

Quote:
It's on his YouTube channel, and it's his AdSense account. You don't know anything about this. Clicks=cash. Everything isn't like streaming; in fact, most things aren't. You don't get money from people watching ads, you get money from views and subscribers because so does YouTube.

I had a very profitable YouTube channel a year and a half ago, trust me. It would be super easy to put that video on my channel right now and do the same thing you're doing. And I could claim the moral high ground. There are people who make a living posting popular songs with videos that are nothing more than crappy lyrics.

The kid isn't getting anything, "Woolly Rhino Productions" is. Why don't you come right out and say you want me to subscribe to your YouTube channel? I'll do it.

Lol, yes. Trust me I know how this works.

The Good Guy, I'd give him every penny I got if it would make the smallest difference. Was simply pointing out that fact, that there might be 0 money in this to the thick head. I wouldn't mind at all, if that video made a ton of money and it was spend to fight cancer for instance, that would be lovely.

General Stinky

12-11-2012

RIP hunter. oops i mean RIP Zach?

Dimwitt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Guy View Post
How you brushed aside OP without doing any research on your own is hardly logical.
I didnt brush aside the OP, I told him how to get people to actually believe his claims.

Here let me give you a rational example that even you can follow.

My real name is Timmy Jenkins. I live at 264 East Russell Place, San Antonio, TX and im Dying of cancer. I have Osteosarcoma and will be dying in 2 months. But please watch all my Youtube Videos as i would love nothing more than my works to be heard. Here's my channel : http://www.youtube.com/user/Jumpinthepack

Now then without even knowing me, you'd know that's bull right ?

Now when given even less to work with and the OP wanting everyone to believe his story if your first reaction isn't wait... why is there no proof, no citation, no validation what's wrong with you ?

No, instead my first reaction should be Oh that poor guy, ill go click the errant link... Somehow that's appropriate ?

See why people have a wait what, reaction now.... The OP did nothing to prove and frankly the research he claimed to have done is laughable but thats fine. I can post spurious links to websites too.

Here's the Mayo Clinic : http://www.mayoclinic.com/
Here's Red Cross: http://www.redcross.org/
And here's for the feels: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6GggY4TEYbk