17 year old guy with only a few months left to live

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Seabass

12-11-2012

people die, ohwell

The Good Guy

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Wise View Post
lol, the official MOS list I held was:

35S, 18B and 11B. But you don't know what split ops is yet, I'm guessing. My, "AIT" was only 8 months long for 35S, but that isn't my point. You're a pogue. You don't even know what that means. You don't serve our country; you never even leave it. You have a full-time job that requires you to wear a uniform, like a security guard. You will never see combat because you chose not to see it. You're the Army's tech support. If you do deploy, you'll be within walking distance of a Cinnabun.

Be quiet, private. PS: stop calling CAG/Delta part of, "Special Forces" because they're not. And please, if you see a Green Beret tell him you're a.. what is it? Systems Integrator or something, right? I don't remember exactly. Anyways, tell him you're tech support and make sure he stands at parade rest or renders a salute, or else. You aren't even in the army yet, you're in TRADOC.

The real question you should be asking yourself is: how'd I know you were a coward based solely on the way you handled yourself in this thread? And please open in on some line about how you might get killed by a mortar on the off, 8% chance you get deployed to a Cinnabun/Burger King outpost somewhere in Kandahar.
Do you know what I find delicious? You and the other guy have spent pages talking about how people aren't to be trusted over the internet, and you go and post that. But I'll trust your word, more than you have done for OP.

Also, you're a little misinformed about us. My next duty station is South Korea, which surely isn't a battlefield in Iraq, but it surely isn't conus. I got a 96 on my ASVAP, and my family has a history of being MI, there was no way I was going to settle for 19D or 13B. Someone has to be the Army's tech support, and I am more than willing to do it. I leave AIT with an associate's degree, pretty sweet isn't it?

Also, I love how you play up "Signals analyst" as if it's some hot ****. If you're talking about 35S before the MOS reorganization, you did the exact same things we are doing (fixing broken Army equipment). If you're talking about the new 35S (which I assume you aren't because of the length), just... Lol.

I'm going to forgive your ad hominum attacks on my attitude towards NCOs. You should know that TRADOC privates are the lowest of the low, and if I ever attempted such a thing, I would be chaptered out of the Army faster than I could drop to get smoked.

The Good Guy

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadeWT View Post
Ok guys, we've got the army guys playing their army guitar solos, so now let's just finish this up by comparing something to Hitler. Then maybe we can all just chill out. The thread will be complete.
TRADOC regulations are like living under Hitler.

I am willing to chill out.

Soul Cloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Just breaks my heart.... this one of the reasons I decided to become a Pediatric oncologist...No child should have to face cancer at such young age, they have so many dreams and haven't even started to live.

Must be hard, I wish both of you the best of luck and you are one very kind person.

livedevil

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

12-11-2012

Listened. Good. Bump.

Reedonidas

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Good Guy View Post
Do you know what I find delicious? You and the other guy have spent pages talking about how people aren't to be trusted over the internet, and you go and post that. But I'll trust your word, more than you have done for OP.

Also, you're a little misinformed about us. My next duty station is South Korea, which surely isn't a battlefield in Iraq, but it surely isn't conus. I got a 96 on my ASVAP, and my family has a history of being MI, there was no way I was going to settle for 19D or 13B. Someone has to be the Army's tech support, and I am more than willing to do it. I leave AIT with an associate's degree, pretty sweet isn't it?

Also, I love how you play up "Signals analyst" as if it's some hot ****. If you're talking about 35S before the MOS reorganization, you did the exact same things we are doing (fixing broken Army equipment). If you're talking about the new 35S (which I assume you aren't because of the length), just... Lol.

I'm going to forgive your ad hominum attacks on my attitude towards NCOs. You should know that TRADOC privates are the lowest of the low, and if I ever attempted such a thing, I would be chaptered out of the Army faster than I could drop to get smoked.
Signals Analyst was only part of my job(the other two were also listed, which you ignored.) I had to learn to do it so I could do Radio Recon in theater. Practically that equated to triangulating and pursuing cell phone signals in Fallujah for a year, twice. That's why I said split-ops. I know that you're the lowest of the low. I doubt you'll go to West Point, lots of guys say that. But if you do, good for you.

No matter what type of person I am, I did actually help you not damage your career - even if it was only a small chance. And I actually donated on that cancer website, but didn't subscribe on YouTube. And my attitude is the one you described as, "selfish"

Anyone else actually donate to the children's cancer research? Or do anything more than watch the YouTube video and bump the thread?

And yet I am somehow the worst person here for being skeptical. Hmmm.

SiЯ Safir

12-11-2012

bump

Genocide Messiah

12-11-2012

Liked, Shared and Supported. Thank you for giving us a heads up.

TT Dreadnaught

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reed Wise View Post
Tell me more about your military service(rank, MOS, deployments) so I can put you in your place. I have done selfless things before, I won't subscribe to your YouTube channel though. Guarantee you that my service was worth more than yours just on the way you're acting in here.

inb4 you pretend to be delta force
I get the guy is acting like a self righteous ass, but all military service is service, regardless of how much or how little. probably shouldn't put things like that down.

Reedonidas

12-11-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TT Dreadnaught View Post
I get the guy is acting like a self righteous ass, but all military service is service, regardless of how much or how little. probably shouldn't put things like that down.
So if someone: lives in an austere environment in Fallujah for two years, gets blown up more than 30 times, takes enemy contact in the form of artillery, explosives(improvised and otherwise) and small arms fire more than 7 times per week that is the same as:

Someone who lives in is stationed in North Carolina. Works 0500 to 1600, 5 days a week. Wears a uniform. Gets 1 4 day weekend per month.

..because they're both in the military? You're ignorant.